Welcome To aBlackWeb

Verzuz: Keith Sweat vs Bobby Brown

Man, this is sudden. They normally gives these things two weeks notice.

They had it scheduled but there was no build up
And I know they’re trying not to do it on the 4th weekend as most people are going to be out & about seeing how “”outside is back open””

Never said that but we all know who the Front man of the group was/is

I didn't specify you in that statement.

Front man doesn't mean better singer or entertainer. IMO Bobby was easily better than Ralph at both of those things. Watching the NE movie I see why they made Ralph the lead though. It was better for the group image and business.

Shit truth be told Bobby Ricky and Johnny were better singers than Ralph.

I always thought Ralph was the talent in the group and everybody else just did dance steps in the background. Then in 1990 they all went their separate ways. Ralph did a solo album, Bobby already had two solo albums under his belt, and Bell Bis Devoe did their thing, even Johnny Gill dropped a solo album. What surprised me is that out of everybody I named, Bell Bis Devoe had the most success, and they were just background singers.

I always thought Ralph was the talent in the group and everybody else just did dance steps in the background. Then in 1990 they all went their separate ways. Ralph did a solo album, Bobby already had two solo albums under his belt, and Bell Bis Devoe did their thing, even Johnny Gill dropped a solo album. What surprised me is that out of everybody I named, Bell Bis Devoe had the most success, and they were just background singers.

In watching quite a few movies on groups and seeing the backstory to how groups are formed and what was done for the group to have a certain image and appeal to a wide audience. You begin to see that sometimes the most talented people aren't always the leads in a group.

Back