There is no realer man than me
The city of Oaktown laced me with my first case
When them punk police tried to break me
Didn't think the shit was cute, so I got a lawsuit
And made them punk police buy my coupe
This is how we do this

Murder

:fucku2:

This shit was turnt! They had fun and put on a show. They was in they bag!

I can definitely understand why these two artist may be an acquired taste to some. Bay music (and West Coast music) has a sound that isn't necessarily "universal"....

But if those who weren't really knowledgeable (whether willfully or blissfully ignorant) about their catalog just tuned in, truly listened and watched this Verzuz, you can't really deny the hits, the influence and longevity these cats have.

I don't listen to 40 Water or Short often, but I've always known they got a gang of material that ride! Respect to these Legends.

Not this again??‍♂️

tenor.gif
It's not about to happen again

I read that it was not Jeezy sent that guy to kill Gucci, it was Bleu divanci

Sosa from BMF said that Bleu divanci is a snitch aswell

I want to see Kool G Rap in a verzuz. I don't know who he would go against though.

Got any suggestions?

That's tough. . Kool G Rap, in his prime, was more of an underground MC. I was in high school when the Juice Crew was poppin. My freshmen year was Sep 87 and I graduated in June 91. He had joints that were hot, but for whatever reason Kane had more shine than G Rap. Rakim had more shine than G Rap, KRS had more shine than G Rap, LL had more shine than G Rap. G Rap was more of a backpacker MC than a mainstream/commercial MC.

For example, Bell Biv Devoe's album and LL's Mama Said Knock You Out album both dropped in my senior year. G Rap had an album out around the same time, Wanted Dead Or Alive. Me and my homies liked G Rap, but he didn't make any songs that a DJ would play at a high school dance, whereas Poison (Bell Biv Devoe's version) was the song that made everybody rush the dance floor. Mama Said Knock You Out too, also Fight The Power.

My point is, Kool G Rap can spit with the best of em, but I don't really remember him having any hits, I mean songs that girls would dance to at a party.

You could match him up with Kane, but Kane would win imo.

To be honest, I can't even think of 20 Kool G Rap bangers.

Road To The Riches
Poison
The Symphony
It's A Demo
Rikers Island
Streets of New York
Erase Racism
Fast Life
My Life
First Nigga Remix

Honestly, I don't think G Rap has enough bangers to beat anybody significant in a versus.

But you want KRS-One to go against LL.............. :foh5:

KRS would get washed.

Nah, from 86-91 KRS dropped waaaay more heat than Kool G Rap. And then all the way up to 1997 when he went indie he was still dropping heat.

Just to prove my point, KRS was on the cover of The Source a several times. Kool G Rap was never on the cover of The Source.

South Bronx
The Bridge Is Over
Criminal Minded
9MM Goes Bang
My Philosophy
Stop The Violence
Jimmy
I'm Still #1
Why Is That
You Must Learn
Self Destruction
Moshitup (Just Ice feat KRS)
Love's Gonna Get'cha
7 Dee Jays
The Jam (Shabba Ranks feat KRS)
Outta Here
I Can't Wake Up
Black Cop
Sound of the Police
MCs Act Like They Don't Know
The MC
Ah Yeah
Mad Ism
Step Into A World
A Friend
Can't Stop Won't Stop
Classic

Granted, LL was more mainstream while KRS was more East Coast.

If the crowd was half females and half males LL would win.

But if the crowd was all dudes KRS would win.

It really depends on the crowd.

But it's still a battle I'd like to see.

That's tough. . Kool G Rap, in his prime, was more of an underground MC. I was in high school when the Juice Crew was poppin. My freshmen year was Sep 87 and I graduated in June 91. He had joints that were hot, but for whatever reason Kane had more shine than G Rap. Rakim had more shine than G Rap, KRS had more shine than G Rap, LL had more shine than G Rap. G Rap was more of a backpacker MC than a mainstream/commercial MC.

For example, Bell Biv Devoe's album and LL's Mama Said Knock You Out album both dropped in my senior year. G Rap had an album out around the same time, Wanted Dead Or Alive. Me and my homies liked G Rap, but he didn't make any songs that a DJ would play at a high school dance, whereas Poison (Bell Biv Devoe's version) was the song that made everybody rush the dance floor. Mama Said Knock You Out too, also Fight The Power.

My point is, Kool G Rap can spit with the best of em, but I don't really remember him having any hits, I mean songs that girls would dance to at a party.

You could match him up with Kane, but Kane would win imo.

To be honest, I can't even think of 20 Kool G Rap bangers.

Road To The Riches
Poison
The Symphony
It's A Demo
Rikers Island
Streets of New York
Erase Racism
Fast Life
My Life
First Nigga Remix

Honestly, I don't think G Rap has enough bangers to beat anybody significant in a versus.

I can see that point of view

Back