Welcome To aBlackWeb

USPS Mail Carriers Are Leaving Dryer Sheets In Customers' Mailboxes To Ward Off Wasps

Scandalust313

Unshakeable Unbreakable Victorious
USPS worker reveals why some mail carriers are leaving DRYER SHEETS sheets in mailboxes, explaining that wasps seem to HATE the scent and won't build their nests inside

• The mail carrier warned that if you see a dryer sheet in the back of your mailbox, 'your mail carrier put it there for a reason' — and you shouldn't remove it
  • Wasps and Yellowjackets build nests inside mailboxes during this time of year, which can mean painful stings for mail carriers
  • Some mail carriers have found that bees don't seem to like scented dryer sheets
  • Homeowners who want to help can put their own dryer sheets in the back of mailboxes, but it should only be used as a preventative measure
'As far as when to replace them, just check it periodically to see if the scent is still strong or if it has faded. The scent, once again, is what drives them away. So if the scent isn’t as strong or it has completely faded, it’s time to replace it,' they concluded.

They should put a note or something in the boxes to let the home owner know also.

But like already stated, that's a cool trick to know

Right. Good piece of (likely useless) information to have. Fuck around and wow ya homies and shit. 'Naw, my nigga. You ain't even gotta do all that. Throw a dryer sheet in that bitch and you'll be good.'

Ey that's real life bro!!!

My sister takes fruit slices to work in her likkle plastic box. She was sayin' they brown too quickly that's when I blessed her with the lemon juice tip and changed her life forever.

They should put a note or something in the boxes to let the home owner know also.

But like already stated, that's a cool trick to know
Man niggas don’t even lock up they dogs.

im going to try this. I stay coming home to a dead wasp or two.

Back