Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breaking News URL & OVO present TIL DEATH DO US PART (OCT. 30TH)

Don't watch this shit, but what does Drake do with this? Like does he show up and sing the Canadian national anthem or something?

Nah Rex didn’t get washed, Lost yes washed Nah

I dont have Rex winning a single round. And it wasnt even a gentlemans 30

Youre either a Nitty stan or just dont really pay attention to things like this. Rum isnt a good rapper. By any means. His punches are great but thats where it stops. Theres certain battlers he just cant beat. Rex falls in that category. Does he not?

Your comprehension skills are subpar. Didnt say would. I said COULD. Anything can happen in battle; especially on a card like this.

And what does "tiers" have to do with anything????? Rum was at least a tier higher than Reed and B Dot when he lost to them. Ill assume you haven't been watching battle rap for that long. Either that or youre just really young (which is hand in hand with the former)

why do I have to be a Nitty stan to have an opinion that Rex aint gonna get a round in this battle either? Ya'll logic get so weird when discussing these matchups.

Now if you wanna discuss the actual art of rapping, then i can agree with you in that regard. Rum has made it not secret he is a Punch heavy performer, however, whats the point in being so much better at "rapping" when you not saying shit...e.g. Rex?

Ya'll keep letting these niggas skate on some legacy shit. its ok to put these niggas to pasture and say they are past their expiration date.

Also, if me having to watch battlerap since niggas was making beats on the back of the trunk in cyphers is a requirement to have a differing opinion, then im so glad i wasnt around then cause these POVs ya'll give off be mad annoying as if somehow ya'lls POV is more superior.

It's ok to say Rex of today not the Rex of the past

Don't watch this shit, but what does Drake do with this? Like does he show up and sing the Canadian national anthem or something?
he putting up some money to have the event. He also is helping promote the culture to a broader audience

But i think you would fuck with battlerap tbh

Reactions: GNS
Didnt read much of this, because I can tell youre still ignoring the basis of my initial post.. The prediction was about the type of battler Rex is and the the type of battlers Rum looses too.
not the "didnt read" response

let me back up for a sec fam cause i think we are going somewhere that wasnt my intent

my thoughts can be summed up by simply saying based on the Rex that I have seen recently, I do not feel his style, ability, etc...will be enough to beat Rum and thats no gas to Rum. What rum lacks in skill, he more than makes up for in other areas.

Rex imo is from the "school of goodz line of thinking". i.e. he's resting on his laurels and think cause he one of the bricks that helped built URL that he wins by default or just his name should claim a win.

I also dont look at battlerap in a vacuum either. Rex has no personality when battling. He makes a good interview for sure, but im basing this off of this current iteration of him. He had WAY too many dry spots in his battle against EZ imo

but I'm not trying to change your pov, was just giving you a differing opinion. I thought it was just harmless banter so if you were offended by anything I said previously, I apologize

the Rex from the last couple of years has awful breath control....he's still indirect (not an issue if you say fire shit), he does not punch as much, he's not coming with three solid rounds (his first is usually good and it goes downhill from there)....the game has caught up to Rex. He's not winning rounds by throwing his hat. If it was Yung Ill Rex or Verb Rex, it'd be very competitive. This version of Rex is just not good by today's standards. Rum's one dimensional ass will win every round clearly

What he did against Frozenberg, Bill, Roc, Reed & Eazy isn't enough to beat the Rum that faced Hollow, Geechi, Serius, Cortez...IMO

Back