Update: Sterling Brown's Suing City & Police Dept

Its funny how the police straight up admit and apologize they fucked up, and ppl STILL wanna blame the dude??? Lol fuckin america smh

Its funny how the police straight up admit and apologize they fucked up, and ppl STILL wanna blame the dude??? Lol fuckin america smh

Some of the comments on Yahoo and Facebook are just disgusting..........they making all kinds of excuses for the police

Reactions: OriginalMan!
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/may/24/milwaukee-police-sterling-brown

After my experience with Milwaukee police, I have to tell my story
Sterling Brown

My experience in January with the Milwaukee police department was wrong and shouldn’t happen to anybody. What should have been a simple parking ticket turned into an attempt at police intimidation, followed by the unlawful use of physical force, including being handcuffed and Tased, and then unlawfully booked. This experience with the Milwaukee police department has forced me to stand up and tell my story so that I can help prevent these injustices from happening in the future.

Situations like mine and worse happen every day in the black community. Being a voice and a face for people who won’t be heard and don’t have the same platform as I have is a responsibility I take seriously. I am speaking for Dontre Hamilton of Milwaukee, Laquan McDonald of Chicago, Stephon Clark of Sacramento, Eric Garner of New York and the list goes on. These people aren’t able to speak any more because of unjust actions by those who are supposed to “serve and protect” the people.

The common denominator in all of these situations has been racism towards the minority community, the abuse of power, and the lack of accountability for officers involved. The lack of repercussions for the police officers involved in so many of these cases is offensive. This is a slap in the face to the victims’ families and communities.

Black men shouldn’t have to have their guard up and instantly be on the defensive when seeing a police officer, but it’s our reality and a real problem. There must be mutual respect and both sides have to figure out how to accomplish this.

There are no easy solutions to this problem, but there are strides that can be made to create change. I will do my part in helping to prevent similar incidents from happening to the minority community in the future.

This is bigger than me. My family, friends, legal team, Priority Sports, Milwaukee Bucks, the black community and the communities of all who stand against injustice plan to continue the fight. Peaceful support to ensure no further damage to our community is the only way to respond. I know many of you will share my anger and frustration, but for our community to progress and grow, we need to build on what we already have and not destroy it. I will take legal action against the Milwaukee police department to continue forcing change in our community.

• Sterling Damarco Brown is an American basketball player for the Milwaukee Bucks of the National Basketball Association

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news...olice-chief-says-he-didnt-see-half/678943002/

Milwaukee Police Chief Alfonso Morales on Sterling Brown body camera footage: 'I didn't see half the videos either'

Milwaukee Bucks guard Sterling Brown, was confronted by a Milwaukee Police officer January 26 for a parking violation. He was tased and arrested. Milwaukee Police Department

Milwaukee Police Chief Alfonso Morales says he "didn't see half of the videos" from the January incident involving Bucks rookie Sterling Brown.

Morales told reporters Wednesday that he instead was focused on the part of the footage involving Brown's tasing and arrest.

"I wasn't expecting any of that to come out," Morales told reporters following a news conference about new headlights on officer motorcycles. "I didn't see half the videos either. I focused on the part with Sterling Brown — the tasing and the arrest."

He added that the footage was "discoverable to the attorney" representing Brown.

"So for that to be given to you, or whoever it was given to, I don't know how that got there," he said, according to WISN. "But we're still working on our stuff internally."

Additional body camera footage obtained by the Journal Sentinel and others Monday showed troubling police conduct. One of the Milwaukee police officers involved in the arrest and tasing of Brown stepped on the NBA guard's ankle as he lay on the ground. Another officer requested overtime, singing, "Money, money, money, money!"

And when an officer asked why more investigators were on the way, a sergeant answered: "We're trying to protect ourselves."

“Because he plays for the Bucks, if he makes a complaint, it’s going to be a media firestorm," the sergeant said.

Mayor Tom Barrett and members of the Milwaukee Common Council said Tuesday that they had not seen the additional footage.

Saying it was unacceptable, aldermen have called for an investigation into the incident. Barrett is urging the Milwaukee Fire and Police Commission to change how body camera footage is released.

In a Wednesday letter to FPC Executive Director La Keisha Butler, Barrett requested staff "conduct a review of existing policies and potential changes to the policy for the release of body camera footage by the Milwaukee Police Department."

In total, 11 Milwaukee police officers will be disciplined or retrained as a result of their interaction with Brown.

Sgt. Sean Mahnke was suspended for 15 days; Sgt. Jeffrey Krueger was suspended for 10 days; and Officer Joseph Grams received a two-day suspension. Neither sergeant involved was demoted.

The other officers involved will undergo retraining, according to the Police Department.

Gov. Scott Walker continued to stress the importance of body cameras while declining to say whether he thought the suspensions of officers involved were appropriate.

"My hope would be not only for accountability, not only what happened in this case, but for training not only in Milwaukee but every other law enforcement agency in the state would look at that and try to learn from that," Walker said. "It’s not enough to go through training, it’s got to be continuing and reinforcement that those measures need to be used each and every time."

The incident began when Grams stopped at a Walgreens near W. National Ave. and S. 26th St. about 2 a.m. Jan. 26.

He waited for Brown to walk out of the store, then questioned him about parking across two handicap spots. Grams called for assistance.

The first body camera video made public, which was released by the Police Department last month, shows officers taking Brown to the ground and tasing him. On that video, he does not appear to act aggressively.

The new video shows Brown on the ground after he was tased in the back. One officer held his shoulder. Officer James Collins stood with a foot on Brown's right ankle.

“All this, for what?” Brown asked repeatedly. "You're stepping on my ankle, for what?"

"So you don’t kick us,” one of the officers answered.

"I ain’t got no reason to kick y’all, man," Brown replied.

A few seconds later, an officer asked if Brown was an NBA player.

"What you think? I look familiar, don’t I?” Brown said.

“I remember the name," the officer said.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23841260/bucks-sterling-brown-sues-milwaukee-stun-gun-arrest

Police Chief Alfonso Morales apologized to Brown last month when body-camera video of the arrest was released. Brown wasn't charged with anything and three officers were disciplined, with suspensions ranging from two to 15 days.

Eight other officers were ordered to undergo remedial training in professional communications.

Video of the confrontation shows an officer approached Brown around 2 a.m. When their conversation becomes tense, the officer calls more squad cars for help, and eventually eight officers stand around Brown. One asks him to take his hands out of his pockets, and a second or two later the scuffle begins. Almost immediately, an officer yells: "Taser! Taser! Taser!"

According to the lawsuit, Officer Erik Andrade later mocked Brown on Facebook, saying, "Nice meeting Sterling Brown of the Milwaukee Bucks at work this morning! Lol #FearTheDeer

Also, after JR Smith's blunder at the end of regulation in Game 1 of the NBA Finals, Andrade made reference to the incident with Brown when he posted about Smith. Andrade wrote: "I hope JR Smith double parks in Walgreens handicap Parkin spot when he's in Milwaukee!"

"Defendant Andrade's post is an admission that he and other Defendant officers are allowed to engage in unlawful attacks of African Americans without justification and then relish such events without any fear of real discipline," the lawsuit states.

Andrade also posted a racist meme of Golden State Warriors star Kevin Duranton Facebook, according to a screenshot from the lawsuit.

Police released the body-camera video of only the first officer who contacted Brown. But additional body-camera and squad-car videos, obtained by WISN-TV, showed the moments after officers used a stun gun on Brown. In one, Brown is on the ground and handcuffed when an officer puts one of his boots on Brown's ankle, holding it there. Brown doesn't mention being in any discomfort, but he questions the officer's actions.

"C'mon, man, you're stepping on my ankle for what?" Brown said. In response, the officer said he was trying to prevent Brown from kicking anyone.

Other videos obtained by WISN-TV showed an officer talking with two colleagues seated in a squad car. They talked about how they could be perceived as racist for arresting a black Bucks player, with one saying that if anything goes wrong, it "is going to be, 'Ooh, the Milwaukee Police Department is all racist, blah, blah, blah.'"

Brown told the Journal Sentinel in an interview last month that he "gave in" when police used a stun gun and that he didn't do anything to resist because he didn't want officers to "pull out their guns."

"I was just being smart. I just wanted to get out of the situation and get home," he said.

Milwaukee sure has a lot of “good cops”...

ald5sxjj5k4an7zndlrl.jpg

mgm9d5bbrux11xrbvry6.jpg

moupjtvuozdifle4gagd.jpg

umqy0yegou9zdevffbyn.jpg

rh6lgjuaz04yu8a6oym1.jpg

dqfpdnvkfm95bdbs6jkz.jpg

I guess this racist pig is one few “bad apples” that make up Milwaukee Police Department...

Wish dude the best of luck with this. I say that cause there's a common trend of the victims of police murders being those that won lawsuits against them. Also remember that in cold accounting it's better for them if the victims of police injustice are killed off. If they don't want to pay that money, his life is still on the line.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news...cer-fired-over-social-media-posts/1291799002/

One officer involved in arrest of Milwaukee Bucks player Sterling Brown fired, chief says

Milwaukee Bucks guard Sterling Brown, was confronted by a Milwaukee Police officer January 26 for a parking violation. He was tased and arrested. Milwaukee Police Department

One of the Milwaukee police officers involved in the arrest of Bucks player Sterling Brown has been fired, Police Chief Alfonso Morales said Thursday.

The officer was fired for violating social media policy — not for his conduct the night Brown was tased and arrested, Morales told Marquette Law School fellow Mike Gousha during an "On the Issues" event.

"This policy did not just come out in the last couple of years, it's one that's been standing," Morales said.

Morales did not name the fired officer, but the officer who came under internal affairs investigation for social media posts was Erik Andrade.

Morales said Thursday he was concerned about the fired officer's past social media use being questioned in the future when his job requires him to testify in court about other cases.

"This is unfortunate … firing somebody is very serious in a profession such as this," Morales said.

"But at the same time for me, one of the most important functions of a police officer is to be able to testify in court."

"And if you can't testify in court ... then I can't utilize you," the chief said.

Brown filed a federal civil rights suit in June against the Milwaukee Police Department and the city, claiming wrongful arrest and excessive force during an altercation outside a Walgreens store.

Milwaukee police violated his Fourth and 14th Amendment rights during his arrest and tasing about 2 a.m. Jan. 26, the lawsuit says. While two sergeants and an officer received suspensions, their discipline was not for the "unlawful and race-based arrest and detention" of Brown or the excessive force used against him, according to the suit.

In his lawsuit, Brown cited Facebook posts and "racist memes" shared by Andrade.

Hours after the arrest, Andrade wrote: "Nice meeting Sterling Brown of the Milwaukee Bucks at work this morning! Lol#FearTheDeer," according to the lawsuit.

Three months later, Andrade shared a meme of NBA star Kevin Durant mocking his hair.

More than a week after the department released video of Brown's arrest, leading to public outcry, Andrade wrote a post about J.R. Smith of the Cleveland Cavaliers after the team lost Game 1 of the NBA Finals: "I hope JR Smith double parks in Walgreens handicap Parkin spots when he's in Milwaukee!"

Smith had rebounded a missed free throw while the game was tied and let the clock run out, later telling reporters he thought the team was going to take a timeout.

Andrade's post about Smith "is an admission that he and other Defendant officers are allowed to engage in unlawful attacks and arrests of African Americans without justification and then relish such events without any fear of real discipline," the suit says.

Those posts appeared to violate the department's policy on social networking sites.

Morales previously declined to say what possible discipline could be considered, citing the ongoing investigation and pending lawsuit.

Named defendants in Brown's suit include the City of Milwaukee, Morales, Sgt. Sean Mahnke, Sgt. Jeffrey S. Krueger and Officers Joseph J. Grams, Bojan Samardzic, James P. Collins, Cristobal Martinez Avila, Jason P. Jensen and Andrade.

Police body camera video of the incident went viral after Morales released it in May. The video shows the situation getting progressively worse after Grams stopped to question Brown about the parking violation.

Grams, Krueger and Mahnke were disciplined. Another eight officers were required to receive remedial training on professional communications and review the Police Department's policy on cooperating with citizens to ensure public safety.

The video shows Brown initially gave Grams his name and showed an identification card. Grams apparently did not recognize him as a player with the Bucks and called for assistance. Half a dozen squad cars showed up.

After that, the situation became more tense, with police standing in a circle around Brown before Mahnke yelled at him to take his hands out of his pockets — now.

At this point, Samardzic, one of the officers encircling Brown, drew his Taser.

Brown, who had taken his hands in and out of his pockets several times before that on the cold January night, replied: "Hold on. I've got stuff in my hands."

Police swarmed him as Mahnke shouted "Taser! Taser! Taser!" Brown was forced to the ground and shocked in the back.

Brown was booked into the Milwaukee County Jail that night but was never charged.

"I told the public from the beginning when we make a mistake we're going to own it," Morales said Thursday. "And in that situation we made mistakes and we own those mistakes."

lol Kind of a weird interaction. They told him to take his hands out of his pocket and he told them he was holding onto something. He didn't deserve to be handled that way in response, but what could he have been holding inside his pocket that was important enough to resist commands under those circumstances. We all know how these cops do, so if you going to push for that asswhooping, it better be worth it.