Welcome To aBlackWeb

Unpopular Opinion Thread: Music

giphy.gif

Pac overrated AF

Damn not even K.Dot's best album, let alone a classic. GKMC, TPAB, Section 80>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Damn

Kanye's last good rap album was Graduation.

Off The Wall>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Thriller

Jigga Warriors won't admit it but other than AG & 4:44, Jay was putting out straight trash after BA. Watch the Throne and that wack ass captain and tennile album from last year as well.

Stevie Wonder is the GOAT artist, in any genre, and it's not a close 2nd.

I thought this was facts

Andre 3000 is a great rapper but cannot be in any GOAT lists because he doesn't have a solo piece of work...

The Blueprint is overrated... The production >>> the lyrics

God's Son is NaS deepest and most complete album... It was an album highlighting his grief following his mums death

UGK and OutKast's Collaboration 'Int'l Playa's Anthem' is a certified Top 5 in hiphop history regarding collabos

Out of the new school dudes in rap... Dave East got the best and most fluent lyrics

Last edited:
I said this shit a million times on here but, THE BEATLES ARE TRASH! They're the equivalent to baked chicken with NO seasoning.

I just read the Quincy Jones interview and he said the same shit. Yall know that shit is trash, stop hyping it up cuz yall were taught they were great so u just go along with the shit.

I dont even know who those niggas are honestly

they the ones who walked across a street on their album cover thats the only thing i know

I said this shit a million times on here but, THE BEATLES ARE TRASH! They're the equivalent to baked chicken with NO seasoning.

I just read the Quincy Jones interview and he said the same shit. Yall know that shit is trash, stop hyping it up cuz yall were taught they were great so u just go along with the shit.

Nigga! If they came out in the 90's they'd been nothing more than the British version of Hanson.

Most overrated musical act, there was, is and will ever be.

They sold all this music but if you polled a 1000 white people under 60, 10 might be able to sing/name a Beatles song.

I cant go all the way with the beatles saying there garbage and all that. I think their massively overrated but dudes were some GREAT songwriters....just not great singers or natural performers

But listen to some of there covers by r&b artists...let it be by aretha franklin, jealous guy and yesterday by donny hathaway, we can work it out by stevie wonder. Also the damn near whole revolver album when they were at their apex.

Lupe has Kendrick SHOOK, and K. Dot will avoid that dude at all costs.

Wu-Tang>>>>>>>>> N.W.A. and it's nowhere near close. Hell: Tribe>>>>N.W.A.

Fat Joe rode Pun back to relevancy and basically was his Puff to Pun's BIG after Pun died.

Styles >>>Jada>>>>>>>>>>Sheek.

The OutKast legacy is overrated....unless they put out one more album.

Pink Floyd is the greatest rock band of all time. They shit all over Beatlemanina.

The Last Poets discography is better than most people that ya'll consider GOATs

Self Titled (1970)
This Is Madness (1971)
Chastisement (1972)
At Last (1973)
Hustler's Convention (1973)
Delights Of The Garden (1977)

Seriously, if you take the time out to listen to those albums, you'll look at Rap music/Hip Hop in a different light.

Also Nicki Giovanni

Truth Is On It's Way (1972)
Like A Ripple On A Pond (1973)
The Way I Feel (1975)

And The Watts Prophets

On The Streets Of Watts (1969)
Rappin Black In A White World (1971)

I cant go all the way with the beatles saying there garbage and all that. I think their massively overrated but dudes were some GREAT songwriters....just not great singers or natural performers

But listen to some of there covers by r&b artists...let it be by aretha franklin, jealous guy and yesterday by donny hathaway, we can work it out by stevie wonder. Also the damn near whole revolver album when they were at their apex.

That's what makes them so overrated.

They wasn't saying shit that anybody else was saying at the time. The Beatles shit wasn't deep or introspective. It was the same pop bubblegum shit of that time.

"I Wanna hold your hannnndd" FOH

As far as the Beatles go, they have two albums that are worth listening; Sergent Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band & Magical Mystery Tour.

The reason those albums are dope is because they had started experimenting with drugs (LSD) and they got psychedelic. While I agree that their early music is flavorless, and bland, the two albums I mentioned have some flavor.

Kool & The Gang is one of the best to do it. Their early albums from the late 60s and early 70s are amazing. Then in the 80s they started making top 40 music and released hit after hit up until about 1985.

James Brown's Band, The J.Bs are GOATs. They have about 6 albums from the 70s that are worth checking out.

As far as Prince goes, when he first started out he made hits. But after Purple Rain he intentionally made albums with one hit single for the radio and the rest of the album was experimental/weird. But you could tell that he could make a hit if he wanted to. He just didn't want to.

From watching his interviews, he feels like the music industry is unfair to the artist. The artist makes an album that sells for $15 and gets about $1 royalty. So he intentionally made wack albums to fulfill his contract. That's why a lot of his music sounds like trash.

But if you made a Prince Greatest Hits Double Disc CD, the whole thing would be flames from front to back.

Back