FEATURED Unpopular Opinion About Sitcoms

test
If Abbott keeps it up a few more seasons they can take the top spot.
Abbott aint even that potent lol shit is The Office Extra Lite tho i do enjoy the show and the characters but its more on Parks and Rec type level.

Roc is better then 70% of black sitcoms
Fresh prince of Bel-Air was terrible after season 4
Steve Harvey show aged better then a lot of black sitcoms from the 90’s
The Jeffersons was an awful show
Different strokes is a bottom 5 sitcom
Webster was a terrible show

Family Matters was peak Black respectability politics on tv

A Different World's is more important, and better, of a show than The Cosby Show
agreed Family Matters was def about respectability politics.....but yeah the black dad on the show was a cop so u couldn't really expect but so much😂

at least there barely were any white characters on the show............

and agreed on A Diff World being way better >>>>>than the Cosby Show

but the Cosby Show slander is insane to me.....IMO u really can't have a Diff World w/o the Cosby Show

mofos hating on the Cosby Show got me wondering if this really is ablackweb.com tho :scust:

agreed Family Matters was def about respectability politics.....but yeah the black dad on the show was a cop so u couldn't really expect but so much😂

at least there barely were any white characters on the show............

and agreed on A Diff World being way better >>>>>than the Cosby Show

but the Cosby Show slander is insane to me.....IMO u really can't have a Diff World w/o the Cosby Show

mofos hating on the Cosby Show got me wondering if this really is ablackweb.com tho :scust:

When i was in college i actually wrote a paper on the history of the Black family on TV shows and still remember what and why despite it's success at the time some folks liked and gravitated more towards shows like ADW and others as opposed to The Cosby Show. It wasn't slander as much as it was people also rejecting the respectibility politics Bill Cosby engaged in both in front of and behind the camera when it came to how he'd speak about other Black comedians.