Welcome To aBlackWeb

Ungrateful or nah: Parents buy their daughter a car...

Is their daughter ungrateful for not wanting a free and clear 90's/00's Buick Century

• Yes

Votes: 15 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • You know this ain't real... right???

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
I'ma push back for a sec

Again speaking for me

Therapy has allowed me to realize my self worth and establish boundaries and be more selective with who I give access to. I am a selfless person by nature but there are people who take advantage of that by trying to manipulate you

So I do agree it helps you realize self and it's ok to protect yourself but it also helps realize it's ok to be vulnerable with others and to let go of certain trauma/conditions/customs etc in order for you to evolve

1000000739.jpg

As I said, it's fine to turn down gifts you don't want. But to talk down on it and say you deserved more while turning it down? That's where I believe it crosses over into the realm of ungratefulness and entitlement as this was a gift, the parents were under no obligation to do even this much. It's not reasonable to be unnecessarily rude, especially to someone who thinks they are doing something special for you.

But I voted that this was fake and just some rage bait to stir engagement lol.

As I said, it's fine to turn down gifts you don't want. But to talk down on it and say you deserved more while turning it down? That's where I believe it crosses over into the realm of ungratefulness and entitlement as this was a gift, the parents were under no obligation to do even this much. It's not reasonable to be unnecessarily rude, especially to someone who thinks they are doing something special for you.

But I voted that this was fake and just some rage bait to stir engagement lol.
Exactly

I've been meaning to ask my Texas niggas this for 20 sumn years

How are them poking swangas not illegal? That seems like something crackas would have jumped on immediately
Just the culture and lifestyle and know how to drive. Not from Texas though

Where is this imaginary person at lol, that's at least half a day
Fucking what?!?!?

How you figure?

Especially if you have all the tools and know how?

It’s literally plug and play after the first go round.

Everything else is familiarization

No… seriously how many bolts you think attach your engine to the tranny and mounts???

Fucking what?!?!?

How you figure?

Especially if you have all the tools and know how?

It’s literally plug and play after the first go round.

Everything else is familiarization

No… seriously how many bolts you think attach your engine to the tranny and mounts???

Ain't no fucking what, you know damn well a complete engine swap is not happening in two hours. This is not the 1940s with those Type 4 2.0 liters lol

Y'all in here lyinggggggg. I want video proof of this mfer doing a complete swap in 2 damn hours. Better yet, what engine? If it's like a B series, I might believe it.

Last edited:
She's not being ungrateful.

My philosophy about giving is this:

Don't give anything that you wouldn't buy for yourself.

If momma and daddy are driving nice cars, then buy their daughter a bucket, that says how much they think of their daughter.

The first car should always be a bucket until they can prove responsible enough, and not a reckless/careless driver.

Ain't no fucking what, you know damn well a complete engine swap is not happening in two hours. This is not the 1940s with those Type 4 2.0 liters lol

Y'all in here lyinggggggg. I want video proof of this mfer doing a complete swap in 2 damn hours.

Private owner man hours=/= mechanic man hours.

Swapping a b16 to a HL civic is a matter of minutes given the timing and all that is set beforehand.

Same with small blocks etc.

Even LS swaps are quick.

Private owner man hours=/= mechanic man hours.

Swapping a b16 to a HL civic is a matter of minutes given the timing and all that is set beforehand.

Same with small blocks etc.

Even LS swaps are quick.

That video you posted was of a Type 4, which I mentioned earlier. Kind of proves my point. And minutes? I gave you an out with the B-series and you decided to quintuple down. At this point I see you are committed to the lie so I'm going to bow out 😂

That video you posted was of a Type 4, which I mentioned earlier. Kind of proves my point. And minutes? I gave you an out with the B-series and you decided to quintuple down. At this point I see you are committed to the lie so I'm going to bow out 😂
Look I responded after COB and felt time it was an issue. so I ain’t even read the whole shit and just went into fight mode

I get atcha when this crown wear off.

I at least owe you a sober response.

I can admit that.

Eh. Depends on the make and model. Honda is known to last a long ass time if taken care of. Put some fresh paint or even a new paint job and it looks great

Newer cars will have the safety features that would be appealing to give a teenager though

IDK

For some reason or better yet, lemme speak for me

It seems like this generation lacks humility. We've made things look so easy because our parents struggled, their parents struggled... So when my mama got me my first car (89 Tercel back in 01), I thought that shit was a Maybach. I was washing it like every other week. It was either that or nothing. I also learned a good bit about cars from having to work on it here and there

Some of my classmates had new mustangs, accords, etc but I was so proud of my shit and wanted to show my mama how appreciative I was for her getting it for me
Respectfully, being given a 12 year old car in 01 wasnt crazy. In fact it was mostly normal & unless you were rich, no one would find it odd you got an older used vehicle for your first car.
Now imma entertain the original post for a sec even tho i know its fake. Now imagine its 01, your folks are a comfortable middle class and instead of your parents getting you that same cheap 89' tercel, they decided they were going to surprise you with a late 70's Oldsmobile. Unless that was a car you specifically asked for you'd look at them crazy and be confused if that was in the driveway. Even if you bite your tongue and try to make the best of it, the horrible fuel economy and everything constantly breaking would eventually have you asking them why they bought that old shit box and not something more decent, when they could.

Respectfully, being given a 12 year old car in 01 wasnt crazy. In fact it was mostly normal & unless you were rich, no one would find it odd you got an older used vehicle for your first car.
Now imma entertain the original post for a sec even tho i know its fake. Now imagine its 01, your folks are a comfortable middle class and instead of your parents getting you that same cheap 89' tercel, they decided they were going to surprise you with a late 70's Oldsmobile. Unless that was a car you specifically asked for you'd look at them crazy and be confused if that was in the driveway. Even if you bite your tongue and try to make the best of it, the horrible fuel economy and everything constantly breaking would eventually have you asking them why they bought that old shit box and not something more decent, when they could.

@AP2.5 chime in here: What Black 16 year old male in Nawlin's in 2001 was turning down a FREE '79 Olds Cut Supreme, Tornado, or slab???

d944127d836a847f7b9964414867a6decd23652a.jpg

RS-Cutlass-1.jpg

p1010158_8a3975b16dafe2d068a052a434c14c997a547ac5.jpg

1979_oldsmobile_ninety-eight_img_9355-00727.jpg

These were the most plentiful late 70's Olds' available in 2001. The fucked up cars they made like the Starfire were pretty much all in scrap heaps by 01 'cause they barely made any, same for that oddball-ass fastback Cutlass Salon.

Unless it was one of those wood paneled station wagons, hood niggas would have gladly taken one of them late 70's Olds joints. Now... you start talking Ford or Chrysler, you may have a leg to stand on depending on the car.

I agree with a lot of the povs in this thread expressed by y'all

I don't think I'll ever agree with a kid that doesn't pay for shit feeling like they should have something better than what their parent can afford

I think there have been some very valid points made about the dangers with intentionally getting kids super old cars but I feel that that's not what this fake situation is about neither the discourse it intended to cause

@AP2.5 chime in here: What Black 16 year old male in Nawlin's in 2001 was turning down a FREE '79 Olds Cut Supreme, Tornado, or slab???

RS-Cutlass-1.jpg

These were the most plentiful late 70's Olds' available in 2001. The fucked up cars they made like the Starfire were pretty much all in scrap heaps by 01 'cause they barely made any, same for that oddball-ass fastback Cutlass Salon.

Unless it was one of those wood paneled station wagons, hood niggas would have gladly taken one of them late 70's Olds joints. Now... you start talking Ford or Chrysler, you may have a leg to stand on depending on the car.
I know this was done a lot of places but I remember a time dudes were logo switching to put Impala logos on caprices lol

I know this was done a lot of places but I remember a time dudes were logo switching to put Impala logos on caprices lol

Spotted in Phoenix around 07. Never seen a Cadillac Metro in the brochures.

143925819013.jpg

Them 90's Caprices were really flagrantly being rebadged as Impalas left and right. Some would go so far as to swap out the grille along with the badges but would hope you ain't see the missing "Impala SS" lettering in the rear quarter panels.

RS-Cutlass-1.jpg

Stop moving the goal post, i wasnt talking about 16 year old hood niggas. Kids in the hood are walking or taking the bus. They'd gladly drive anything their parents gave them that had a motor on it, than to continue to foot it or wait for the city bus.

And the worst part about this post is then you post pics of mint examples of these cars. There were hardly mint examples of these cars in 89' let alone 01. And the ones out there werent cheap.

Reality is the cars looked more like this

hq720.jpg

CC-383-049.jpg

CC-433-082.jpg

CC-13-018-1200.jpg

1979-oldsmobile-cutlass-supreme-in-brown-EF67BC.jpg

CC-409-014.jpg

1024px-1985_Oldsmobile_Toronado_Caliente_%288556976907%29.jpg

Back