Welcome To aBlackWeb

Pop Culture Craziness

PRAISE: Right out the gate Jerry Seinfeld hit me with nostalgia as the first frames of this parody movie about the competitive food war between Kelloggs and Post start to roll. Seinfeld gets some things right as he includesa lot of nods to toys,crazes, fake comic book ads and politics of the mid 1960's and gives them comedic flavoring. Some of the sight gags and references to the competitive nature of companies that sometimes produce nearly similar products really worked for me. There's a who's who of Hollywood in this including Amy Schumer ,Bill Burr · Fred Armisen · Christian Slater · Tony Hale · Dean Norris · Maria Bakalova · Peter Dinklage · Jack McBrayer and that's just naming a few . I'm actually shocked Seinfeld didn't include more of his comedian buddies in this. Seinfeld even includes some of the latest political scandals through some funny lines and visuals. The movie actually reminded me of how much I miss the show Mad Men.

PROBLEMS: After about 45 minutes the humor and fun became very spotty. Some scenes and situations felt like filler to me just to get the movie to the over 90 minute mark. There was more of a Saturday Night Live this skit is going on to long feel to certain scenes. Theres a monotone reading of some of the lines by the characters that was so noticeable i started to unintentionally laugh. There are a couple of odd and cringey moments Seinfeld attempts to wring laughs out of but fails.There are plenty of scenes that have no connection to how things play out in the movie. At one point a character asks: Is this overkill? I said yes yes it is !!

Scale of 1 to 10 a 6

Niggas really made a movie about Pop tarts lmao. What's next the behind the scenes tale of the left and right Twix and how they decided to make one candy bar together?

Back