Welcome To aBlackWeb

Underrated, Overrated, Properly rated Series: Paid In Full

Vote

• Total voters

Add up all the scores including both critic and audience for rt out of 36 (Treat rt as 10.0 critic 10.0 audience) EDIT: Add 1 to every black film to suppress the racism reflected in ratings to give us a more accurate metric.

Might be time to come up with our own review/rating system as well. Maybe put together a crew of 5-6 posters and drop a review/rating of films and catalog them in a sub forum. Kinda tired of going to see what people thought about a black film and having to discount the rating because of racist white folk.

I know you niggas lazy tho.

Last edited by a moderator:
Add up all the scores including both critic and audience for rt out of 35. (Treat rt as 10.0 critic 10.0 audience)

Might be time to come up with our own review/rating system as well. Maybe put together a crew of 5-6 posters and drop a review/rating of films and catalog them in a sub forum. Kinda tired of going to see what people thought about a black film and having to discount the rating because of racist white folk.

I know you niggas lazy tho.
no one's lazy at least I don't think so

but pick 4 other people

Start the pm to what? Are you making a sub forum like I suggested?

I don't work here. I'm giving you suggestions to grow your shit. YOU take the lead.

Smh lol. I almost fell for the okie doke.
there was no okie doke brah

but ok

i'll start a thread or something with the folks you nominated so that people can give their input

Thank you for helping come up with a solution

Nah I think It’s a Dope idea,I’ll get the consensus from GANG

Always hated them snooty ass RT reviews

Nah I think It’s a Dope idea,I’ll get the consensus from GANG

Always hated them snooty ass RT reviews

im fine with coming up with a system the majority will be ok with

i only used RT b/c 1) they are the most recognizable rating system out...good or bad...and 2) it was just something to give a baseline to have the convo about as opposed to "i like this, so it must be a classic"

then Mister suggested using just the audience score...i thought it was worth a try instead of using the critics score so here we are

RT isn't the end all when it comes to ratings, it was just simply used as a bar. If there was a black movie site where they rated all the black films, then ok, but we would still be using something as a baseline.

Do people really think a movie like Soul Plane should be discussed as overrated/underrated?

Back