Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Tyler The Creator Calls Out New Artists

test
Kinda crazy how the black community is blaming ourselves for the trash black music and thot female music/artist. White owned corporations are behind all of that.

Because everything has a market. And you cant just solely blame the artists for what's being well received by their audience

Yeah in his lyrics but not necessarily for the music he creates ....and niggaz do grow up and mature

I wasn't a huge fan till he dropped IGOR ... Mans writes, produces and composes his whole music... Does scores for film too ... Fashion, architecture, motor/vehicles etc ... Extremely multi talented and has Nigerian roots

He's talented as hell but alot of people who heard of him first through lyrics like "ima rape a bitch and tell my friends I had a 3some" understandably will never take him seriously. And that's his own doing. I never even gave him a listen after that song with that bar til Igor. And it's nice but that early shit is just a huge stain

He's talented as hell but alot of people who heard of him first through lyrics like "ima rape a bitch and tell my friends I had a 3some" understandably will never take him seriously. And that's his own doing. I never even gave him a listen after that song with that bar til Igor. And it's nice but that early shit is just a huge stain

I listen to everything past was it Flower Boy (?) and I shudder at some of the lyrics... A lot of shock subject matter... Even the one where he disses his father

His talent especially behind the boards (I view him as a student of Kanye's and Pharrell's mode of production) and the quality of musicians he works with won me over

Lol he's just the latest rapper to give his pissing in the wind complaint about music.

I'm not sure what he's even complaining about cause if he truly has fans, they will find his music. That's always been the case.

Unless he plans to do what i really think selling out is. Making music he doesn't want to and copying whoever is hot just to climb the charts.

If he wants to blame anyone, he needs to blame society as a whole because none of these publications are going to get behind anything that isn't going to make money. Its strictly business

Its hard to explain but I think there are tons factors that got the balling rolling to where we are now.... such as having so many artists that sound alike, artists who dont take music serious and with 2min viral fast food songs that are forgotten as quick as they came etc

Obviously early social media was a huge starting factor... MySpace giving easy access with a huge audience to anyone who wanted to put out a song, without them actually putting in work (often to artists who would never in million years had taken up hip hop)... all they needed was a catchy hook or an outlandish persona and they could sell a ton of records...

And because artists didnt get on the hard way, or maybe even like music like that and dont have a real appreciation for the craft, as a consequence they dont really appreciate/respect music like the older artists... Which creates 'product' or 'content' rather than artistry and therefore we get a dilution of quality that has a knock on effect to next generations...

Also like others have said, with all the access to the open world via the internet/social media etc any artist from anywhere can sound like they want, no ones really original anymore and its led to a lack of regional sounds too and as result actually made hip hop sonically smaller, even if its grown in popularity...

Thats just a few of the factors that imo has led to the decline in quality....

Its hard to explain but I think there are tons factors that got the balling rolling to where we are now.... such as having so many artists that sound alike, artists who dont take music serious and with 2min viral fast food songs that are forgotten as quick as they came etc

Obviously early social media was a huge starting factor... MySpace giving easy access with a huge audience to anyone who wanted to put out a song, without them actually putting in work (often to artists who would never in million years had taken up hip hop)... all they needed was a catchy hook or an outlandish persona and they could sell a ton of records...

And because artists didnt get on the hard way, or maybe even like music like that and dont have a real appreciation for the craft, as a consequence they dont really appreciate/respect music like the older artists... Which creates 'product' or 'content' rather than artistry and therefore we get a dilution of quality that has a knock on effect to next generations...

Also like others have said, with all the access to the open world via the internet/social media etc any artist from anywhere can sound like they want, no ones really original anymore and its led to a lack of regional sounds too and as result actually made hip hop sonically smaller, even if its grown in popularity...

Thats just a few of the factors that imo has led to the decline in quality....

See T-Pain's rant. I always reference this b/c he pretty much hit the nail on the head addressing this. Damn there gave that man a standing ovation

Lil Waynes influence is responsible for a lot of this imo

Microwave music + emo/drug induced melodies + mumble rap + autotune = Mainstream Hip-Hop the past decade almost
Wayne is a gift and a curse. Lil Wayne is an ARTIST in every sense of the word. He is a hybrid of the mental sharpness/gift that BIG and Jay were blessed with to be able to create coherant dope raps without a pen and the work ethic that Pac had that kept him in the studio.

Wayne was also not afraid to play with melodies, different genre’s (remember the rock phase?)

All these kids wanted to copy Wayne but none of them had or have those qualities

I look at it in the same vein of Steph Curry and the game of basketball

Before Steph…kids worked on all aspects of the game…now everybody tryna pull up from 30. Kids are denying the extra dribble to get to a high percentage mid range.

Wayne and Steph changed their proverbial “games” for better and worse

Don’t know the year but the xxxtentacion, 21 savage, post Malone, playboi Carti , Cardi B era

So 2016 ish?
x would still did numbers, 21 still there; post malone too, carti does have a lot of hype and well cardi turned into business and i only care about her bbl matter fact tell her to give travis his grammy back

Because everything has a market. And you cant just solely blame the artists for what's being well received by their audience
I was speaking specifically regarding the record labels. Those are the corporations that propagandize black music to black youth and black people. The artist nor the fans control any of what I'm speaking on.

Back