Welcome To aBlackWeb

Netflix Tyler Perry's Mea Culpa

Jagged w/o Edge

PRAISE: Though the plot has been done before in good films like Jagged Edge the smart attorney falls for their client even though something is a bit off about him or her. Tyler Perry manages to insert some new life into the genre.....even though very briefly. He sets up a good foundation of character as singer-actor Kelly Rowland as Mea Harper, a Chicago defense attorney, takes on accused of murdering his girlfriend client Zyair (Trevante Rhodes) She has marital problems and familial ones but pushes on through.
I bought into her determination and laser focused manner with her client even though he slowly but surely attempts to seduce her. The acting from the two leads was pretty good at the beginning of the movie. Good soundtrack. It's beautifully shot.

PROBLEMS: After the first Fourty minutes I stopped buying into the seduction and how conveniently things were set up in the story. A couple of things happen and a character is supposed to be smitten and then some. The funny thing is Perry is usually somewhat better at setting up seduction for one of his characters but this time around it just feels like Mea is reacting out of anger instead of lust.
There are plot holes when it comes to the evidence against Zyair one part was possible but the other didn't make any sense or left me thinking how did they get that part of the evidence ?!? Other problems are things that happen in the film just by chance,instead of coming up with something more clever or believable the movie asks the audience to just go with it. After a revelation the music after it is so over the top it got a lot of unintentional laughs out of me.The final act is just silly based off of one thing sprouts silly moments and some of the most robotic and wooden acting I've ever seen in a movie tied to a an over the top plot twist. A lot of moments are predictable and clichéd.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 4

Nah first it’s Kelly Rowland I ll support anything she s in especially if she getting naked

Also TP keeps black actors working and properly compensated shit I hadn’t seen Tariq since Sister Sister

Bruh, Tyler Perry market always been chicks

Chicks like this shit. The "seductive" character in this seductive movie was a dude. My wife liked this shit, cuz she's the target audience. I thought the shit was ridiculous, but she was trying harder to make it make sense than I did.

But then again, she loves power. She watches a bunch of those reality shows. Gray's anatomy, p valley, a whole lotta shit that really soap opera-y... Messy ass seductive chick shit.

This falls into that category. I like professional wrestling even though I know it's completely ridiculous.

When I was trying to explain the importance of Cody Rhodes being the one to face Roman Reigns at WrestleMania instead of The Rock.. I prolly sounded exactly like she did trying to explain that ridiculous ass movie. And I can respect that. Dude made over a billion delivering to his target audience for over 20 years.

This the #1 movie on Netflix and the most currently talked about shit on social media...

Ridiculous or not, this nigga wins again. 🤷🏿‍♂️

Back