Welcome To aBlackWeb

Added to Calendar: 07-11-24

Deteriorating Divorce

PRAISE: Tyler Perry's latest movie opens with campy and outrageous acts by several characters in this story about Ava ( Meagan Good) and Dallas's ( Cory Hardrict) marriage coming to a heated and volatile end. There's nothing wrong with beginning a movie like this because it got me involved and it was over the top entertaining. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the cast who give it there all including Joseph Lee Anderson, Shannon Wallace, Taylor Polidore, Richard Lawson and Debbi Morgan. When the movie goes through the basics I've seen in dozens of films like this it is the character of Dallas going into full Manic mode is when it comes alive again and at least the movie provides unintentional laughs through his sinister acts and what's done visually.

PROBLEMS: The middle of the film is beyond dull and predictable . Perry wants to show Ava's strength and he provides flashbacks of her but not the flashbacks I needed because I really wondered how she ended up with Dallas and why she was so supportive of him. I have to assume she saw him as a wounded bird or something because she makes it clear several times there's basically nothing else present in the marriage but then again maybe she was just getting salty revenge by doling out several put downs.
Perry is once again to on the nose with a character driving up in white truck instead of a white horse. I was waiting for the caption SAVIOR to pop up on the screen. I'm actually shocked Perry didn't really go full on crazy with some characters because at least it would have provided some much needed energy.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 5

:hahaha:

I already knew what it was before watching this, but curiosity got the best of me.

Another TP movie, black man acting belligerent, abusive, and holding back the hard working black woman who so dedicated and career focused. The part that I didn't expect was that casket scene. That really caught me by surprise. Other than that, just another TP movie. This belongs on Tubi asap.

Talking to black people only, homes. I see The Chi and Power thread activity on the forum. Don’t act uppity now. This ain’t far from that. If y’all support shows with gay vampires and siblings having sex with each other. Support Tyler Perry.

Back