Welcome To aBlackWeb

tyler paid off almost half milll in layaways

Dope. Once I get bread on that level, I'd be deep in Detroit,Flint, Saginaw,Grand Rapids helping ppl, no cameras, no publicity.

I was thinking tyler the creator gay ass ain't got bread like that. Should've guessed it was perry.
If I had money like him and or Oprah I would do something like this. Probably would go to a hospital or something and pay off medical bills for people. Just wouldn't want any press about it
As long as i could find a way to only help broke negros I'd do that 2. Publicity would definitely hurt if cacs found out lol

When Walmart shoppers visited their local stores this week, some walked out with a holiday surprise. On Thursday, the actor and producer Tyler Perry announced on Instagram that he would pay off layaway accounts in two stores in the Atlanta region, totaling $432,635. Days earlier, Gayle Benson, a billionaire philanthropist and owner of the New Orleans Saints, donated $93,502 to pay off accounts for 408 customers.

LeMia Jenkins, a spokeswoman for Walmart, confirmed Mr. Perry’s donation and said it covered 1,487 customers. On Instagram, Mr. Perry said the offer would apply to items placed on layaway before 9:30 a.m. Thursday. “I was trying to do this anonymously but oh well!!!” he wrote.

LOL @ giving 500k to Walmart being considered charity.

So what? Tyler Perry himself benefited from the good pr. Who cares? It was still a good gesture. Should the people whose accounts were paid in full refuse because someone else got something out of it?

Sure it was a good gesture but it wasn't charity unless Walmart only charged them for cost with no retail markup. It's not like he was paying student loans or medical bills. He was buying consumer goods at full retail value from one of the largest companies in the world.

Call me cynical but I can't ignore the fact that the Walton family could buy and sell Tyler Perry 10 times over so the gesture seems shortsighted and misguided.

Sure it was a good gesture but it wasn't charity unless Walmart only charged them for cost with no retail markup. It's not like he was paying student loans or medical bills. He was buying consumer goods at full retail value from one of the largest companies in the world.

Call me cynical but I can't ignore the fact that the Walton family could buy and sell Tyler Perry 10 times over so the gesture seems shortsighted and misguided.
Gat dayum bruh
Dude was just tryna do some good lmao

You argument is flawed. Had he done like you said and paid medical bills or student loans, some rich people would still benefit from that as well.

Dope. Once I get bread on that level, I'd be deep in Detroit,Flint, Saginaw,Grand Rapids helping ppl, no cameras, no publicity.

I always said that if I hit it big in the lottery that I'd go back and set up shop in Saginaw. Bring some kind of industry there, clean up neighborhoods, and rebuild homes in areas where a lot of them have been razed (like the block I grew up on).

You argument is flawed. Had he done like you said and paid medical bills or student loans, some rich people would still benefit from that as well.

Right but it wouldn't be directly paying for consumer goods made overseas by underpaid workers to profit a company that already got a massive tax break this year and pays it's domestic workers wages they can't live on to the point that they have to have food drives in the damn break rooms.

Back