Welcome To aBlackWeb

subs.

Reminds me of that episode of Jordan Peeles Twilight Zone with Sanaa Lathan and Damson Idris in it called Replay... smh

Of all these "Groundhog Day" expies movies, this one was one of two sole alongside Spike Lee's sci-fi drama film "See You Yesterday" that really made me feel heartbroken.

Did this fool just say no matter what happens I'm getting home to my dog!?! Trash.

If you're taking the dog to the first degree, yes it is.

Picture this: a 34-minutes short movie starring a modern black man stuck forevermore into a time loop where he get consistently murdered by a trigger-happy textbook sociopathic bigot. Every single of his deaths obviously echoes to one about an African Americn person whose killing by policemen get mediatized.
We don't need a mother, a father, a sister or even a child: these tropes has been used and recycled too many times. So why not using the Man's best friend?? An animal so emblematic in the human collective that one of the most powerful African civilizations associated the Morning Star with this species?

Petey embodies hope in the darkness of the underworld. The long-awaiting spirit annunciating of victory and renewal. The nerd is the spirit of Africa, the died-and-rising God (Osiris, the Christ, whatever) : at the latest scene prior the prelude, his once-dying-again body did literally bleed a puddle of blood shaped like the African continent out of his body, to echo that the crimes against humanity toward black America are nowhere new and are rooted in centuries of racial oppression and hatred against the peoples of the Black Continent. We barely know the name of the protagonist because he can be every single of us: he is every single of us, not just black people or African people but the Spirit of Humankind, constantly reviving its own Passion and Cruxification within American society but regardless never losing focus to the truth no latter how darker the chaos of the night, the lies and the tyranny of a system which pretends to be egalitarian and fair are.

The Officer Merk incarnates the self-corruption and wickedness of humanity, its darkest faces. No matter what, Mankind is a "two-headed beast" as once said the Amazulu Emperor Shaka Zulu: we have a moral duty to win over one of those heads. No matter how long it takes...

Last edited:
Y'all watching a black man repeatedly get killed by police over and over, y'all better than me cause I can't do that

It's hard. I thoroughly abovestand your point.

But doesn't science fiction and fantasy narrative works's purpose has to, sometimes, deal with the hardships and plights of society?

I still havnet watched this.. the comments moved it way down on my list plus it came out around the same time as that bullshit THEM.. so I couldnt take that shit and this one at the same time.

I'll circle back eventually.... maybe

Back