Welcome To aBlackWeb

Tubman May Not Replace Jackson On The $20 Bill

yea but i mean we taking down their monuments,

i don't wanna see them slave owners on my money either...

Monuments and currency are two separate things

Also notice how we are taking down their monuments but they ain't racing to put up our heroes in their place

It's all a sham

Symbolism is a sham.

every government everywhere is corrupt

african cat at my bar was telling me governments in nigeria corrupt as fuck....

Also notice how we are taking down their monuments but they ain't racing to put up new our heroes in their place

It's all a sham

Symbolism is a sham.
man niggaz been be campaigning heavy to put black folk in the place of them statues

Them's just the facts, rich or poor, the current economic system we live in is driven by commerce and it requires money to engage in. Is it perfect? No, could it better? Yes, but reality is reality.

I see no problem with tubman on the cover, if we as a people are to be heard, seen, and respected in this current system, then we must seek to make ourselves economically powerful. Sad as it is to say, but the majority does not respect poor people, black people on avg tend to be poor. It's an unfortunate truth, but a truth all the same.

Black capitalism will never be the answer

Bye josh

Black capitalism will never be the answer

Bye josh
Capitalism will take hundreds of years to topple over race, denying that would be denying reality. We simply don't have the technology nor are we advanced enough socially. Real change takes a long time.

I get that, but she's literally arguing that we just ride this thing out for hundreds of years, until things change.

Do you not see how ridiculous that is?

when did I said that?

I take full responsibility for my words but I don't take responsibility for your misinterpretation of them.

We have but have white people?
the "progressive" ones.....

they quick to hop in front of a camera and say

"maybe these statues should be replaced with someone peaceful like martin luther king or rosa parks"

white folk love looking progressive

when did I said that?

I take full responsibility for my words but I don't take responsibility for your misinterpretation of them.
You made tons of criticism and offered no solutions. What else can I interpret that as? We can't wait on whitey to comply and have a sudden moment of clarity of all of their wrongdoings, we've tried that and got lil drips of progress. It's obvious at this point that we should be focusing on leveraging economic power, it is the only thing that this system respects.

the "progressive" ones.....

they quick to hop in front of a camera and say

"maybe these statues should be replaced with someone peaceful like martin luther king or rosa parks"

white folk love looking progressive

Im be like we want Nat Turner statues

Lol respecting black economic power in the US is a dream. Bruh they used to bomb our shit. Even when not actively bombing our shit they still make it hard for us to get loans and fair deals. Even if its a black owned bank. Im not saying we should just give up but this game not made for us tp win.

You made tons of criticism and offered no solutions. What else can I interpret that as? We can't wait on whitey to comply and have a sudden moment of clarity of all of their wrongdoings, we've tried that and got lil drips of progress. It's obvious at this point that we should be focusing on leveraging economic power, it is the only thing that this system respects.

there are no solutions

Abolishment is your only solution

You're in an anti-Black society that is violent, sadistic and murderous AF. Economic power is a neoliberal wet dream. (It'll never happen) All these structures are oppressive. Black ppl love asking for solutions, the the solution is simple: burn this mfer down.

And since everybody is so hellbent on reform and what not, that's never going to happen.
So guess what?

My Black ass is going to continue to talk shit. Educate the youth and focus on tangiable goals like making our communities functional, viable and safe.

there are no solutions
Ridiculous, economic prosperity/self reliance is an obvious solution to the problems we face. With economic independence comes power/respect, it tips the scales in your favor and people have to meet you on common ground. Rather than expecting you to take their scraps and be happy that you got them.

My Black ass is going to continue to talk shit. Educate the youth and focus on tangiable goals like making our communities functional, viable and safe.
That's all apart of making black people economically powerful, you can't become prosperous without the things you listed.

You agree with me and you don't even know it.

White folks should be the only faces on money.
On American money or money in general? Cause black faces are all over money elsewhere. Should they not be?

Honestly i can see why a young country would need historic figures on their currency. But the US probably wont even use paper money in 20 years. We will probably have cards only.
Why wouldn't we use paper currency? In twenty years we would still need paper currency if not for ourselves, at least for foreigners traveling and exchanging their currency for ours etc.

Also notice how we are taking down their monuments but they ain't racing to put up our heroes in their place

It's all a sham

Symbolism is a sham.
https://newsone.com/3145156/mlk-statue-will-replace-white-supremacist-on-georgia-capitol-grounds/
It's a start

Back