Welcome To aBlackWeb

Trump: Stop And Frisk ‘Meant For Problems Like Chicago’

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trump-stop-and-frisk-problems-like-chicago

President Donald Trump advocated for expanding the practice of “stop and frisk” since it was “meant for problems like Chicago.”

“It works and it was meant for problems like Chicago. It was meant for it. Stop and frisk,” Trump said during a speech to law enforcement officers in Florida.

The practice began in New York City, allowing officers to temporarily detain and interview possible suspects to see if they had weapons or drugs. The tactic has been pilloried as a hotbed of racial profiling.

In addition, despite Trump’s assertion that stop and frisk reduced crime dramatically in New York, statistics show that it had a negligible effect on the crime rates.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/trump-p...hiefs-it-was-meant-for-problems-like-chicago/

Trump Pushes for Stop and Frisk in Speech to Police Chiefs: ‘It Was Meant for Problems Like Chicago’

Speaking before the International Association of Chiefs of Police at the convention center in Orlando on Monday, President Donald Trump stated, as he has before, that he is sending the Attorney General’s office to Chicago “immediately” in response to the violent crime crisis there. He blamed the ACLU for tying the hands of police in the city, and said that “Stop and Frisk” works and should be considered there.

“By the end of this year, murders in major cities are estimated to drop by close to 10% from their levels in 2016,” said the President, in touting the impact of policy on the statistics. He turned to Chicago as an example of major city with a crime problem.

“I have directed the Attorney General’s office to immediately go to the great city of Chicago to help straighten out the terrible shooting wave,” he said. “Want to straighten it out fast, there’s no reason for what’s going on there.”

“I’ve told them to work with local authorities to try to change the terrible deal the city of Chicago entered into with ACLU, which ties law enforcement’s hands, and to strongly consider Stop and frisk,” said Trump. “It works and it was meant for problems like Chicago. It was meant for it. Stop and frisk.”

He cited the example of his attorney and the former Mayor of New York City Rudy Giuliani as a model.

“Rudy Giuliani when he was mayor of New York City had a very strong program of stop and frisk, and it went from an unacceptably dangerous city in one of the safest cities in the country, and I think the safest big city in the country. So it works. Got to be properly applied but stop and frisk works,” he continued. “The crime spree has a terrible blight on that city, and we will do everything possible to get it done.”

He reiterated that the police are constrained in their ability to respond, something he’s said before. “I know the law enforcement people in Chicago, and I know how good they are. They could solve the problem if they were simply allowed to do their job and do their job properly and that’s what they want to do.”

During Trump’s first month in office, he made the same point about police being unable to act due to constraints, saying the problem would be “easy” to solve but for political correctness.

Four days after Trump was inaugurated, he threatened to “send in the Feds” if the problem was not dealt with.

On that topic in Orlando today, he concluded that portion of his remarks by saying, “so Chicago, we are going to start working with you as of today.”

Last edited:
eventually.....they will get black people to a point where the are afraid to carry guns....and the having all these armed white people...

not a good idea from where im looking

Trump knows he has the majority with Kavanaugh in the Supreme Court. Now that Kavanaugh is in, notice the following chain of events that has happened once he was confirmed:

- 45 mentioning the Stop and Frisk policy being utilized (lawsuits will prevent this from immediately being implemented and it will eventually end up in the Supreme Court)

- 45's public attacks on the American Civil Liberties Union (they normally sue on questionable laws like the stop and frisk policy, police brutality, racial profiling, etc)

- GOP mentions of Roe v Wade

Mildly related, but I recommend Crime and Punishment on Hulu. It's a documentary following a bunch of cops who chose to stand up against the corrupt quota system in NYC. It kinda gives you an answer to the question of "Where are all the good cops?" These police departments bury them.

The one dude tried to be a whistleblower and they took him off his typical beat and positioned him on the street in this place where there was absolutely nothing to do. He had to just stand there 8 hours a day every day doing nothing. To make matters worse, they sent other cops around to harass him. One time the interaction between the whistleblower and a cop sent to harass him went something like this:

Good Cop: Hey, what's up?
Bad Cop: What are you wearing?
GC: *confused* What do you mean?
BC: What are you wearing?
GC: *still confused* I got my heavy coat and...
BC: Yeah, the policy says you only wear that coat when its 32 degrees or below.
GC: Well, when I came out it was 32 degrees.
BC: It's 34 degrees now. You shouldn't have that on.
GC: I...it's cold man. It feels like 32 to me.
BC: It's not. It's 34. I'm going to have to report you.
GC: ....Ok

Dude look so dejected. What's messed up, is this older black dude came up to the GC the next day and was like "You called them on their bullshit didn't you?" The cop didn't know what the black guys was talking about. He was like "Yeah, I used to be a cop. This is the shit they do to anyone who tells them when they are wrong. They aren't even letting you wear your coat huh? I'm going to go get you a coffee to warm you up." Cop looked like he wanted to cry man. Our system is fucked up man.

Back