Welcome To aBlackWeb

Netflix Trigger Warning with Killer Mike

U not allowed to say this without explaining lol

Basically I was working security at a show. It was the first leg of their tour they had Mr. Excuire and a couple other dudes opening for them.

I'm working backstage so I'm seeing all the artists right before they hit the stage. Everybody mad chill chopping it up in the back. Killer Mike humble as shit it's their first show together and he sitting beside me telling me how nervous he is to get things off to a good start. So he goes out obviously kills it. I had to switch with one of the guys when he did 'never scared' shit was lit.
Come to the back and el p got this trash energy.
Killer Mike brings him out halfway through the set and he performs and they come backstage before they introduce some of their collaborative music. Everyone is hype off their sets. El p standing there with the eat shit face.
So finally he starts going off on Mike about how he brought him out. Crying like a bitch that it was weak and blah blah blah. Killer Mike is like " my bad... but it's the first show... chill."
El p still red in the face. So now they going back out to perform their collaborative shit. El p goes out first. Killer Mike looks back at everybody like "this nigga" shaking his head. They go back out and finish the set. Afterwards Mike sitting in the back still shaking his head. Lol.

Basically I was working security at a show. It was the first leg of their tour they had Mr. Excuire and a couple other dudes opening for them.

I'm working backstage so I'm seeing all the artists right before they hit the stage. Everybody mad chill chopping it up in the back. Killer Mike humble as shit it's their first show together and he sitting beside me telling me how nervous he is to get things off to a good start. So he goes out obviously kills it. I had to switch with one of the guys when he did 'never scared' shit was lit.
Come to the back and el p got this trash energy.
Killer Mike brings him out halfway through the set and he performs and they come backstage before they introduce some of their collaborative music. Everyone is hype off their sets. El p standing there with the eat shit face.
So finally he starts going off on Mike about how he brought him out. Crying like a bitch that it was weak and blah blah blah. Killer Mike is like " my bad... but it's the first show... chill."
El p still red in the face. So now they going back out to perform their collaborative shit. El p goes out first. Killer Mike looks back at everybody like "this nigga" shaking his head. They go back out and finish the set. Afterwards Mike sitting in the back still shaking his head. Lol.

Damn, hopefully it was just an off night for them. They seem to have good chemistry in literally everything ive seen them do together from music to interviews and concerts. They are fucking hilarious together too.

Definitely not the first bad experience I've heard about El-P though. He used to run a really popular underground label called Definitive Jux back in the early 2000's and had tons of underground new york folks and was part of a huge supergroup called the Weathermen. It all disbanded and Def Jux shut down even after having a lot of success and through the years a lot of folks have come out about how El-P was an asshole or had really asshole moments during recording or concerts or whatever they had to do.

Back