Welcome To aBlackWeb

Added to Calendar: 09-20-24

Praise: The origin story of the Transformers is retold again in this animated movie. I will start with the voice work which I found enthusiastic and on point for the most part . There's Orion Pax (Chris Hemsworth) and D-16 (Brian Tyree Henry),Sentinel Prime(Jon Hamm) B-127 (Keegan-Michael Key), and Elita (Scarlett Johansson). The names are not recognizable but I did like that there was clear evidence of what these Bots would become as Transformers. When the movie reaches its more serious paths I found it to be very entertaining and involving. I enjoyed the call backs that made me smile. The action sequences were really well done some even had a Tron feel to them. So high praise to the crew behind the animation and CGI. I actually enjoyed watching the villains in the film and how they coldly wielded their power. Old legendary rivalries between certain characters were really done well.I did like the fact that the legacy of the characters so many of us have come to love was respected.

PROBLEMS: Unfortunately parts of the movie reminded me of the dumbed and watered down versions of Transformers cartoons that were produced for toddlers and eight year olds. Sure I know they want to make the kids in the audience laugh at some slapstick but I found it to be unnecessary and obnoxious.

Scale of 1 to 10 an 8

Back