Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION TOXIC RELATIONSHIPS: Why stay?

IP360

Doctorate & Ph.D in Bootyology
The type of toxic relationship I'm talkin about is where BOTH parties are to blame for...

- the constant fighting
- the drama
- disdain for each other

and yet...they stay together.

What do you feel is the reasons behind it? Do crazy attract crazy? If you was in this type of relationship, then share your story.

Ain’t shit worse than being comfortable in a relationship but also knowing you need to dip. . That shit makes it hard as hell to leave.

Some people stay for the sex. Crazy as hell to me.

Probably both stay together cause they both crazy and don’t know any better.

We all have situationships:
good sex, bad relationships

Had dinner dates, had vacation trips
Now the respect is lost, the admiration dips
And all we do is fucking argue
Yeah that's it, fuck and argue

Why have somebody lying with me every night
If they just gon' be lying to me every night?

I'm trying, but I'm never right, buying shit you never liked
Two wrongs just make us wrong, why even be together, right?
We used to be lovers, now we used to each other
Keep accusing each other of us using the other

And what's crazy is soon as you fall back, they crawl back
Saying they sorry and want it all back
How do I get myself in these situations......

staying in a toxic relationship is convenient.

think about it....
if you in a toxic relationship...you dont have to watch your mouth or excuse anything you do.

it doesnt take work to be in such a situation.

what takes work is being in a stable relationship where you cant just cuss people out over small shit or fuck whoever because you get treated too good.

its a built in excuse to be a shitty person.

think about it....
if you in a toxic relationship...you dont have to watch your mouth or excuse anything you do.

what takes work is being in a stable relationship where you cant just cuss people out over small shit or fuck whoever because you get treated too good.

That...actually makes sense.

That...actually makes sense.
yep...

i know alot of women who dont want a good dude because of this very reason, "they have to act like they have sense with a good dude.".
but if a chick is with a dirty dude.....no one will look at her sideways for fucking around on him or talking slick and if they break up with him.....they lost a nigga who wasnt worth anything in the first place.

Great points by Dos

Also a toxic relationship can have a person so broken down that they no longer feel they could be 'enough' for a good relationship without dragging the emotional baggage with. But are also so broken they dont want to be alone so the cycle repeats itself.

And after a toxic relationship u need time to be single to get yourself back on track n off the negativity train. But most ppl seem to wallow away in hopelessness or hope that someone will come save them but 9 times out of 10 go back to fuckin around with the ex.

This is why one of the biggest red flags for me when i was dating is a chick bringing up her ex in any capacity especially if the conversation doesnt call for it. And the quickest way to get on the 'hit & quit' list or run for your life.

Great points by Dos

Also a toxic relationship can have a person so broken down that they no longer feel they could be 'enough' for a good relationship without dragging the emotional baggage with. But are also so broken they dont want to be alone so the cycle repeats itself.

And after a toxic relationship u need time to be single to get yourself back on track n off the negativity train. But most ppl seem to wallow away in hopelessness or hope that someone will come save them but 9 times out of 10 go back to fuckin around with the ex.

This is why one of the biggest red flags for me when i was dating is a chick bringing up her ex in any capacity especially if the conversation doesnt call for it. And the quickest way to get on the 'hit & quit' list or run for your life.

Bruuuuhhhh...I use to deal wit a chick like that. Every chance she got, she'd bring up her ex. And don't let us get into an argument. You'd think she was arguing wit that nigga, rather than me.

She had potential, but that other shyt was turned me away from pursuing something serious. I mean we still dealt wit each other, but there was no obligation for me to go beyond that. Had I got into one wit her, shyt would've been turrible.

think about it....

exactly

it becomes comfortable

This thread reminded me of this video

I never watched Madea but I seen this video a couple of years ago and it spoke the truth. My grandmother used to say that last quote all of the time. She used to say "you can't govern what goes on outside of the comfort of your home but when you get home, it suppose to be peaceful". Although, I don't have a woman nor kids but I still manifest that quote to my home today. I'm not to feel like a prisoner in my own home. Leave all of that drama outside on the welcome mat before you step in my home. I've only known about 4 happy relationships in my life. Today, it seems like dysfunctionality is the standard. Plus it's not healthy for the kids to witness it either.

I never watched Madea but I seen this video a couple of years ago and it spoke the truth. My grandmother used to say that last quote all of the time. She used to say "you can't govern what goes on outside of the comfort of your home but when you get home, it suppose to be peaceful". Although, I don't have a woman nor kids but I still manifest that quote to my home today. I'm not to feel like a prisoner in my own home. Leave all of that drama outside on the welcome mat before you step in my home. I've only known about 4 happy relationships in my life. Today, it seems like dysfunctionality is the standard. Plus it's not healthy for the kids to witness it either.
i always told my wife i needed a peaceful home.
if its not, then things gotta change.

The type of toxic relationship I'm talkin about is where BOTH parties are to blame for...

- the constant fighting
- the drama
- disdain for each other

and yet...they stay together.

What do you feel is the reasons behind it? Do crazy attract crazy? If you was in this type of relationship, then share your story.

Fearfulness is a big reason….some people are simply afraid to be free

Stockholm syndrome

Back