Welcome To aBlackWeb

Toronto Goon Threatens Everybody In The 'Not Like Us' Video

That's why he got those reactions...because it once again shows the assumption some people in America have in that slavery was only practiced here. To say there's no Black descendants of slaves in Canada is silly. There's also folks from the US who escaped to Canada after slavery was abolished there. These things are pretty well known facts.
Oh I agree

nope-nah.gif

Reactions: GNS
Canada was an English colony. Yes the English ended slavery before the Americans did but they def practiced slavery in every colony. Secondly you don’t not have to be a descendant of slaves to live in lower income area. And for countries like England and their colonies they have millions of people that live in hoods or projects or etc.

Only tiny percentage of blacks here are descended from those blacks that were enslaved in Canada. Most blacks here are of West Indian descent (though way more Africans are coming here now), meaning that their ancestors were enslaved in the West Indies. And you have to be a real ignoramus not to know that there was slavery in the West Indies. Most black players in the NBA from Canada (SGA, Murray, etc.) are of West Indian descent

Some Black Canadians are descended from Black Americans, most fleeing here before the civil war (some went back after the war). I think a guy that used to play for the Bucks (Lindell Wigginton) has this ancestry.

Last edited:
I thought @SleezyBigSlim was joking at first. Didn't think that anyone could be that ignorant.

Like forget about slavery. Is the US the only place where there's anti-black racism?

I'm telling you. Racism here is bad, in some ways worse. You'll have an easier time rising to the top in certain high income professions there than here in Canada.

Back