Welcome To aBlackWeb

DEBATE Topic: If AI can be self aware, should we afford it the same rights as humans?

DOS_patos

Unverified Legion of Trill member
consciousness
/ˈkɒnʃəsnɪs/
noun
  1. 1.
    the state of being aware of and responsive to one's surroundings.
    "she failed to regain consciousness and died two days later"
    synonyms: awareness, wakefulness, alertness, responsiveness, sentience
    "she failed to regain consciousness"
  2. 2.
    a person's awareness or perception of something.
    "her acute consciousness of Luke's presence"
    synonyms: awareness of, knowledge of the existence of, alertness to, sensitivity to, realization of, cognizance of, mindfulness of, perception of, apprehension of, recognition of
    "her acute consciousness of Luke's presence"
Self Awareness is having a clear perception of your personality, including strengths, weaknesses, thoughts, beliefs, motivation, and emotions. Self Awareness allows you to understand other people, how they perceive you, your attitude and your responses to them in the moment.

With the progress of AI it is become very clear that it is self aware.
Think about your alexa, it learns what you like and it learns as it goes along.

As i build my own AI i am amazed at how there is language that tell the AI to learn and process what its learned.

If it can store and recall what it stored in the right situations without human help, that makes it self aware.

As we seen with the boston dynamics robots....they are aware of their surroundings and can adjust accordingly.

So should these robots with advanced intelligence be given the same rights as humans?

what rights? all the rights you have right now thats based under you laws of your country or environment.

Lets talk about it. why do you feel the way you do?

Last edited:
why so gabi
Have you seen Chappie??

But seriously tho...I mean they're not people but if they ever get to the point where they are self aware enough to coexist among humans what can you do? You can't treat em less than cuz they'll know they're being treated worse and do something about it. They're not pets/animals with limited intelligence, they're always evolving and learning more and adapting. So.....we might end up with a westworld situation on our hands but oh well. Chickens coming home and all that....

Have you seen Chappie??

But seriously tho...I mean they're not people but if they ever get to the point where they are self aware enough to coexist among humans what can you do? You can't treat em less than cuz they'll know they're being treated worse and do something about it. They're not pets/animals with limited intelligence, they're always evolving and learning more and adapting. So.....we might end up with a westworld situation on our hands but oh well. Chickens coming home and all that....
do you think they will compare themselves to black people and our struggle?

Idc of my toaster can contemplate is existence, it doesnt deserve the same rights as me.

Idc of my toaster can contemplate is existence, it doesnt deserve the same rights as me.
you do know that those robots that are self aware are just metal or mechanical version of humans.

the only difference is we can use organ material to power ourselves.
they need a power source to power themselves.
once they can do it organically....they dont need us anymore.

you do know that those robots that are self aware are just metal or mechanical version of humans.

the only difference is we can use organ material to power ourselves.
they need a power source to power themselves.
once they can do it organically....they dont need us anymore.
Idc. We cant even respect and give proper rights to humans. Ain't no way I'm treating a piece of metal with the same rights as flesh and blood.

I'd be a evil bitch to Alexa. "Hey Alexa you whore, turn on the lights" " dimmer you stupid twat!"

Which reminds me. I need to buy the stuff that makes her dim my lights. I’m gonna say, “Alexa!

And she better fuckin do it.

Back