Top 5 reasons why I feel Insane Clown Posse are better than Eminem

You could make the argument that ICP has their own unique sound and style while Eminem copied Nas and AZ in his early days...shit you could even make the argument that in the slim shady lp era Em copied ICP

you could make the argument that Eminem sold out and went pop with all those pop singer hooks in the last decade.

you could make the argument that ICP stayed true to themselves and didnt comform to any hip hop trends while Eminem is doing alot of features with artist all the time that he would have clowned back in the day

Im not saying these are great arguments but they are better then saying "ICP is better than eminem because tech 9 is a huge rapper" wtf??

I can respect all of these points except Em copying ICP. Without context one might be able to draw that sort of conclusion, however having been right in the middle of it back then I can say this wasn't the case. Back then, Detroit MC's that frequented the Hip Hop Shop over on 7 mile and Greenfield when they were running battles on Saturdays and spittin in ciphers at the Shelter or wherever, one of the common themes of cats back then was to one-up each other by saying the most outlandish, illest shit they could think of in a rhyme. This is why them D12 cats (Em included), Royce, and 'nem were always off the wall with their shit.

I can respect all of these points except Em copying ICP. Without context one might be able to draw that sort of conclusion, however having been right in the middle of it back then I can say this wasn't the case. Back then, Detroit MC's that frequented the Hip Hop Shop over on 7 mile and Greenfield when they were running battles on Saturdays and spittin in ciphers at the Shelter or wherever, one of the common themes of cats back then was to one-up each other by saying the most outlandish, illest shit they could think of in a rhyme. This is why them D12 cats (Em included), Royce, and 'nem were always off the wall with their shit.
Don’t forget about Esham

seriously @genocide_cutter

I'm actually from Detroit and I don't even like ICP, and I big up Detroit MC's at all times. Them dudes are just wack and there's really nothing that can change that. I respect their business acumen and their ability to create longevity out of what was a tiny initial fanbase, but past that I can't fuck with 'em.

The bolded is how I feel.

I've heard some of their music and it's just not for me.

Somebody turned me on to them circa 2003. I didn't like them then and to be honest with you, I haven't heard enough of their music to make an informed opinion, or to compare and contrast them with Eminem. Granted I don't really listen to Eminem either.

I guess the difference is that Eminem (or his label/manager) tried to get Eminem accepted into mainstream Hip Hop with mixed results. ICP didn't make any effort to assimilate into mainstream Hip Hop, which is fine. AT least they're not trying to be something they're not.

But yeah, I don't really listen to Eminem, nor ICP.