Welcome To aBlackWeb

Top 5 MCs When You Were In High School

High school in NJ in 03-07.

Literally what everyone was listening too.

Jada/D-Block
Camron/Dipset
50 Cent/G-Unit
Jay/State Property
Lil Wayne - closer to 07

First 4 are in order. Wayne is 5th cause he didnt really get hot around where I was until my jr/sr year

Not saying they were the hottest across the nation, but man the mixtape freestyle era really hit North Jersey hard. We didnt care about no ones album. It was all about did you hear so and so's verse on this mixtape.

Yea dipset and cam were big too, just not as big as the others here. Me and my niggas were probably the biggest dipset fans in the school

My favourite artists around 1999-2001...

2Pac
Dr. Dre
DMX
Wu Tang
Cube

Honourable mentions: Nas, Em, LL and Snoop... Daum its hard to nail down 5... I put Cube in as Friday was getting played constantly along with Cube's 'War and Peace' albums and 'You Cant Do It' was popping like mad...

Was playing Luniz 'Operation Stackola' loads too, as I did school work experience in HMV and got to choose an album as payment haha

Last edited:
High school in NJ in 03-07.

Jada/D-Block
Camron/Dipset
50 Cent/G-Unit
Jay/State Property
Lil Wayne - closer to 07

First 4 are in order. Wayne is 5th cause he didnt really get hot around where I was until my jr/sr year

Not saying they were the hottest across the nation, but man the mixtape freestyle era really hit North Jersey hard. We didnt care about no ones album. It was all about did you hear so and so's verse on this mixtape.

This was me except take out Lil Wayne because I was fuckin with Snoop and the Eastsidaz heavy too

Back