Welcome To aBlackWeb

Top 10 Most Disappointing Rap Posse Cuts

10. A$AP Rocky — “F**kin' Problems” ft. Drake, 2 Chainz & Kendrick Lamar (LONG.LIVE.A$AP, 2013)

In 2012, Consequence Of Sound wrote this about A$AP Rocky’s star-studded single: “And in this friendly competition between four of rap’s biggest young names, Lamar scores the lyrical KO with 'Listen to what the crystal ball say/Halle Berry/Hallelujah/Holla back, I’ll do ya.'”

The commentary is a laughable reach, as nothing about “Fuckin' Problems” displays the spirit of competition and Lamar's verse is far from the expected lyrical KO—one of the rare times he didn’t commit an assault on a collaborative work. And that’s where the disappointment exists. Rocky brought together some of rap's youngest, brightest, and most imaginative to make the kind of party song that would be McLovin’s ringtone in 2008. If only Pretty Flacko could’ve created a “1 Train” atmosphere and allowed this caliber of spirited spirits to truly rip the beat a new one. It's a classic club record, but it should've been a classic posse cut.

The following would have been a classic if they hadn’t added Meek Mill to the song. He screwed it up.

10. A$AP Rocky — “F**kin' Problems” ft. Drake, 2 Chainz & Kendrick Lamar (LONG.LIVE.A$AP, 2013)

In 2012, Consequence Of Sound wrote this about A$AP Rocky’s star-studded single: “And in this friendly competition between four of rap’s biggest young names, Lamar scores the lyrical KO with 'Listen to what the crystal ball say/Halle Berry/Hallelujah/Holla back, I’ll do ya.'”

The commentary is a laughable reach, as nothing about “Fuckin' Problems” displays the spirit of competition and Lamar's verse is far from the expected lyrical KO—one of the rare times he didn’t commit an assault on a collaborative work. And that’s where the disappointment exists. Rocky brought together some of rap's youngest, brightest, and most imaginative to make the kind of party song that would be McLovin’s ringtone in 2008. If only Pretty Flacko could’ve created a “1 Train” atmosphere and allowed this caliber of spirited spirits to truly rip the beat a new one. It's a classic club record, but it should've been a classic posse cut.

not wacking you AP.. but I'm wacking that review...

shit was a dope party song....i don't consider it a disappointment at all....

Even I liked this shit

i actually thought they made some sound points

fwiw, i didnt take the list to be that these songs were bad, but just that they could've been better with the talent that was included

Somebody right now, w/o listening to the song, post 4 memorable bars from Rocky

fwiw, i didnt take the list to be that these songs were bad, but just that they could've been better with the talent that was included

I be fuckin broads, like I be fuckin bored
Turn a dyke bitch out have her fuckin boys, beast.

Ia agree with the sentiment that I didn't think the article was saying the songs were bad. I disagree with the idea that the expectiations for most of those songs should have been high to begin with. Maybe 3 of them should have been heat without question, the others not so much.

Ia agree with the sentiment that I didn't think the article was saying the songs were bad. I disagree with the idea that the expectiations for most of those songs should have been high to begin with. Maybe 3 of them should have been heat without question, the others not so much.
Well considering when a lot of these were made, I could see why expectations were high

Only song I agree with is Champion

Dueces remix might be the rawest joint on the list

Man I just listened to this song again while watching the video

That writer got his whole head up his ass ...... All three of them Niggaz killt their verses....2 chains kilt the hook.... And their flows on that beat was fucking goat.....

I just got right, so I'm bout to be pretty wordy....

1. The beat is fire.... Fucking flames.... Add the hook... And it's a ready made hit. So off the top this is not a bullshit track. It jumped in the clubs . It makes you nod your head. It just sounds really good. It's definitely a party feel good song. A catchy ass hook with a catchy ass beat is always a win

2. The verses were fire and definitely competitive. As dope as the beat is, it's immediately enhanced by the way each dude flows on it .The words they were picking to rhyme, and the amount of syllables they choose to rhyme, and the cadence they rhymed them at was not simple at all ..... They each chose a flow and rhyme scheme that seperates them from the lesser rappers of this generation.

They not only flowed confidently.... They was actually saying some slick ass shit in their verses, and all three of them ended it with a confident declaration of BEAST signifying they know they just killt that verse....

I think they were absolutely competing and I'm almost feeling we should do a poll on who had the best verse

Back