Welcome To aBlackWeb

Tokyo 2020 Olympics Thread

Lol you just want the fuckery to ensue, but I think moving forward it's going to be hard as hell to continue getting the gold for the men's side
Every team wants to beat the states it's almost a gold medal in itself.

I think the USA women football (soccer) team is having the same problem they have a target and everyone wants to dethrone them

Reactions: GNS
Yes
Yes
The events the US been dominating in is not the case right now. Won't be surprised if the women's soccer team catch an L in the knockout stage, and men's bball about to get embarrassed one of these games. And of course US lost in gymnastics. Aussies on that ass in the swimming too.
Hopefully Meidema and co. moonwalk all over that US team.
Can't be on top and dominating forever
Lol you just want the fuckery to ensue, but I think moving forward it's going to be hard as hell to continue getting the gold for the men's side
Every team wants to beat the states it's almost a gold medal in itself.

I think the USA women football (soccer) team is having the same problem they have a target and everyone wants to dethrone them
tenor.gif

Burn babylon burn

Naaaahhhhh Simone Biles gotta lose points for that. I wouldn't be surprised if her teammates want to punch her in the face for that. Quit because you wasn't feeling it? SMH
As the commentators said with Simone they are unbeatable without her they might struggle for a medal so I think those punches would be at themselves

As the commentators said with Simone they are unbeatable without her they might struggle for a medal so I think those punches would be at themselves
They went from a sure gold medal to Silver because one person didn't feel like going and they had to try to pick up the "GOAT's" slack. That's corny. You took someone else's place who wanted to be there and woulda competed atleast. Like I get the mental health aspect, but you think Jordan wanted to play the Flu Game?

Would you say the same if lebron sat out of the championship and used that reasoning
Good point.
Maybe it's a double standard because of sex. I'm in favor of her dropping out because nobody knows your own mental like you do.
The same applies to lebron but he'd definitely get more stick

They went from a sure gold medal to Silver because one person didn't feel like going and they had to try to pick up the "GOAT's" slack. That's corny. You took someone else's place who wanted to be there and woulda competed atleast. Like I get the mental health aspect, but you think Jordan wanted to play the Flu Game?
Impossible to compare to Jordan as well this is every 4 years it's basically one mistake Jordan had potentially 7 games.

But if a superstar has a bad game we clown them Simmons for example wouldn't it be better if he said he's not on his game and a teen mate could offer more?

Like I said assured gold is only there if one athlete reaches her impossible standards. Otherwise it's an equal playing field

I don't think y'all understand how short the shelf life in gymnastics is. You'd b lucky to see two Olympics at MOST. 3 and you considered a geezer. So this was alot of those girls' only chance to get an Olympic gold medal and the widely considered gymnastics GOAT, the LEADER of the team just said "Nah."

Like imagine how that feels. Lol

Impossible to compare to Jordan as well this is every 4 years it's basically one mistake Jordan had potentially 7 games.

But if a superstar has a bad game we clown them Simmons for example wouldn't it be better if he said he's not on his game and a teen mate could offer more?

Like I said assured gold is only there if one athlete reaches her impossible standards. Otherwise it's an equal playing field
Ben Simmons had a bad SERIES. If Ben Simmons said what Simone Biles said we'd get on him too for not being the superstar he pretends/is paid/is marketed to be. Dudes' been called mentally weak since.

Also it wasn't an equal field. Girls who weren't strong in those events had to suit up and take her place.

I won't call her soft, or that she chickened out, but I can't call you a GOAT if I saw you fold when the pressure was on.

She said she didn't want to risk injury which makes me believe I was right earlier in that she was injured and came into these games hurt. She didn't look right at all the other night.

I agree, she looked way off the other day but she was still good enough to dominate. What's the difference now is my question. You can't get to the big stage (that you're familiar with) and then need a mental health day. Goats don't do that. She was better off claiming a injury.

She's definitely full of shit if she competes in the individual competition

Back