Welcome To aBlackWeb

To vote or not to vote

AP2.5

I was really really tryna keep it PG
Site Administrator
Which side are you on?

Do you do it because it's your Civic duty or you don't believe it changes a damn thing?

I don't vote locally or nationally. But I am very active in my community and neighborhood through hands on action.

I believe action is the only thing that truly changes things not any policy.

I feel like local vote has more impact. But then i dont think politicians that been on for a long time care that much about their constituents.

Do i think we can hold them to much higher standards especially for blacks and democrats cuz dems weak af

If you don't think voting changes anything then I seriously question how much you know about politics, voting especially on the local is extremely important, there's a reason whybrepublicans are trying to making it harder for black, hispanic, and young people (i.e. not their target demographics) to acquire i.d.'s. Pretty sure in some places like south carolina people have to go through multiple cities just to find a "local" dmv. Americans vastly underestimate how much voting power they have.

I feel like local vote has more impact. But then i dont think politicians that been on for a long time care that much about their constituents.

Do i think we can hold them to much higher standards especially for blacks and democrats cuz dems weak af

Imagine the actual change we will create when we hold ourselves to that higher standard that we hold our elected officials to.

why not cover all bases with hands on action & voting?

Because policy is an idea/ideology. Action is action.

and because

the-definition-of-insanity.jpg

I vote.

But folks who don't do have some legit reasons. NN pretty much mentioned how it takes action for things to change. That is true. But voting, makes sure the right people are in position, to help make those changes happen.

UNFORTUNATELY...the current political environment is so toxic, voting is almost pointless. Trust in the voting system has pretty much vanished after this election. Especially when parties are so blatantly open about cheating the system.

Funny this thread is brought up my homie who never voted and said it was useless is being deported back to the Bahamas. Dude been here for 20yrs BUT to his own neglect he never thought about getting his paperwork done because he's been here since he was 17.

Just found out Thursday from the government that he will have to leave the state in 45days. All his family is here in the state's smh

True. We got this we ordinary and they (politicians, celebrities and rich folk) are super vibe

Exactly. They're people just like us. And what I find is that people that are put in positions of power usually have ulterior motives as well. Even the well intentioned ones.

Funny this thread is brought up my homie who never voted and said it was useless is being deported back to the Bahamas. Dude been here for 20yrs BUT to his own neglect he never thought about getting his paperwork done because he's been here since he was 17.

Just found out Thursday from the government that he will have to leave the state in 45days. All his family is here in the state's smh

How would voting have changed things in this situation?

Nowadays people don't vote for their best interest anyways.

Look at all these hispanics who's family voted for Trump and now they're being shipped outta here, these the main people who should have been the driving force to keep him out of office. Did they think that clown was lying during his campaign.

Look at all these hispanics who's family voted for Trump and now they're being shipped outta here, these the main people who should have been the driving force to keep him out of office. Did they think that clown was lying during his campaign.

That shyt still boggles my mind. Pretty much tells you where the state of the country is. When a muthafucca can say he randomly grabs women by the pussy, and STILL gets 40+ percent of the women vote...not good.

Back