Welcome To aBlackWeb

Tip to have a long-lasting relationship

Isaiah990

To survive a relationship, you need to control your anxiety. When you get anxious, you start doing things that destroy the relationship. When i get anxious for example, i get paranoid. I'm afraid my partner is cheating, lying, or in an accident. I tend to have outbursts and interrogate. I listen to music, meditate, take deep breaths, pray, question my beliefs, work out, etc. to keep me calm. You would be surprised how much your relationship will thrive once you manage anxiety.

Agreed just like @Scandalust313 said. It's good that you know what you need to work on. It's also good to understand what type of anxiety you have, the more positive information you have can be helpful to anything you're trying to overcome.

im anxious about my social life and individuality outside of the relationship.....i have times where im scared i've just blended in and im not me anymore, so I go trying to do old shit i used to do or im just thinking about it and frustrated....also scared to get old...im in my best years physically and financially so I wanna do everything right now "while I can"...i get anxious about waiting and saving and shit like I might die or fall off or get too out of shape to enjoy shit later

im usually only anxious about her like in the o/p when I know i've been fuckin up and im waiting for the shit to come back around....its a bad spot to be in and i've noticed the difference in my own stride and confidence when im doing everything right

but when im in that spot smoking helps, working out, video games, whatever......spending time with the kids brings me back in focus sometimes too

Been together with mines almost 10 years this Oct.

Heres my 2 bits. No relationship is perfect. It would be great if all the issues were just in your head and up to you to deal with but there's a second person involved which means theres a whole history of childhood drama and past relationships that you will NEVER know the complete truth about. Handling your own shit is hard but the real test of a long term relationship is how well can you handle someone elses shit.

I had trust issues before me and her even got together but being young blinded me to the other side of that relationship coin, her shit. Had I known or even considered that she may have it worse than me and we wouldn't even made it a month. I had to learn the hard way that sometimes you be able to handle both your problems and theirs if you want it to last.

9+ years in and I still have my doubts and honestly I don't think they will ever go away.

im anxious about my social life and individuality outside of the relationship.....i have times where im scared i've just blended in and im not me anymore, so I go trying to do old shit i used to do or im just thinking about it and frustrated....also scared to get old...im in my best years physically and financially so I wanna do everything right now "while I can"...i get anxious about waiting and saving and shit like I might die or fall off or get too out of shape to enjoy shit later

im usually only anxious about her like in the o/p when I know i've been fuckin up and im waiting for the shit to come back around....its a bad spot to be in and i've noticed the difference in my own stride and confidence when im doing everything right

but when im in that spot smoking helps, working out, video games, whatever......spending time with the kids brings me back in focus sometimes too

Same, I spend alot of time obsessing over women. It's scary because it feels like I assume the worse like maybe they forgot about me. I do alot to manage like take deep breaths, meditate, talk to friends, game, journal, write poems, question the thoughts, etc. It feels like I'm a prisoner of my mind. There's no cure. Only treatment.

Back