Welcome To aBlackWeb

TIME Magazine Calls Bad Bunny “A Legitimate Heir to Frank Sinatra, Michael Jackson or Beyoncé”

I can't name a single one of this guy's songs or identify one by sound but he's clearly super famous and I always hear about him.

Guess I'm at that age. 🤷🏿‍♂️

Hate clicks and hate convo really get the people going. And people fall for it everytime.

TIME had a story to sell a Bad Bunny story and had to figure out how to piss off multiple generations of readers and had to do it while crossing race, and gender lines.

You're welcome.

People are gonna fall for it again when the next "Top Rapper" list drops in another mos.

There will never be another Michael Jackson. I do find it hilarious though how Americans are quick to think just because they've never heard of an artist they can't be popular. Right after the Grammy awards a coworker was asking how Bad Bunny got a AOTY nod when "I've never even heard his music so he can't be popular" until somebody asked him if he knows Spanish is the 2nd most spoken language on the planet and people can be huge international stars without touching the US...along with him still being big as fuck in the US too.

There will never be another Michael Jackson. I do find it hilarious though how Americans are quick to think just because they've never heard of an artist they can't be popular. Right after the Grammy awards a coworker was asking how Bad Bunny got a AOTY nod when "I've never even heard his music so he can't be popular" until somebody asked him if he knows Spanish is the 2nd most spoken language on the planet and people can be huge international stars without touching the US...along with him still being big as fuck in the US too.
You might be right. Maybe I'm wrong person discuss pop music with then, bc I tend to hate popular music.

I think it should also be worth mentioning that it's ok to never have heard of someone who does not make the music to tend to listen to or make music with artists that you listen to.

Streaming has made music much more accessible to the point where we're not digesting albums for months anymore.

I know my remark was more of me just not being familiar with his work but not to say it's impossible for him to be this possible cause I haven't heard of him personally

I think it should also be worth mentioning that it's ok to never have heard of someone who does not make the music to tend to listen to or make music with artists that you listen to.

Streaming has made music much more accessible to the point where we're not digesting albums for months anymore.

I know my remark was more of me just not being familiar with his work but not to say it's impossible for him to be this possible cause I haven't heard of him personally

It's definitely ok. There's plenty artist who are huge that I couldn't even tell you what their voice sounds like. I just don't discount somebody's success based on "I've never heard their music" and people in the US tend to do that when talking about artist that have large international followings

That man had people going to stores and buying his albums in droves. Timeless, meaningful music.

Whatever trash Time is hyping up doesn't compare.
Let’s talk about the immense amount of talent that Michael Jackson had to compete against with at Motown as a child into his Teenage years, Stevie Wonder,Smokey Robinson,The Temptations, Marvin Gaye ,The Supremes etc .

They comparing 7 years of Bad Bunny to Michael Jackson’s 4 Decades body of work is insane ,like what are we talking about here😭

Let’s talk about the immense amount of talent that Michael Jackson had to compete against with at Motown as a child into his Teenage years, Stevie Wonder,Smokey Robinson,The Temptations, Marvin Gaye ,The Supremes etc .

They comparing 7 years of Bad Bunny to Michael Jackson’s 4 Decades body of work is insane ,like what are we talking about here😭

C/S. Comparing a pile of shit to gold.

Off the Wall, Thriller, Bad, and Dangerous. Four classic albums in a row. And that's just his solo work.

Reactions: GNS
Kanye is the heir to Michael. Influence and controversy wise.
Jacko to Yeezus
Lisa Marie to Kim
Blanket to North
McCartney to Jay
Prince to Taylor Swift
MJs antisemitism to Kanyes antisemitism (both over their deals btw)

Kanye took Michaels place as the predominant controversial figure in music. What Mike meant to the tabloid generation Ye is for the blogs.

Jacko to Yeezus
Lisa Marie to Kim
Blanket to North
McCartney to Jay
Prince to Taylor Swift
MJs antisemitism to Kanyes antisemitism (both over their deals btw)

Kanye took Michaels place as the predominant controversial figure in music. What Mike meant to the tabloid generation Ye is for the blogs.

:wtf33:

I don't think there will ever be another Michael Jackson. Lol I know old white dudes were tight about that Frank Sinatra comparison

Back