Welcome To aBlackWeb

TikTok sent US user data to China, lawsuit claims

I ain't getting on no public transport in this climate after covid I'm live streaming it..I'm just here to make sure you are posting credible things
really?

so whats the 411 on my gates thread and every musk aint shit thread?

really?

so whats the 411 on my gates thread and every musk aint shit thread?
If I ain't commenting in your threads I either don't know enough don't care or agree....

Regarding gates I just don't know enough however I don't believe he's the big evil. We discussed his meningitis vaccine and how that was beneficial

Elon musk is trash I wouldn't trust him like a worse Richard Branson. Luckily for us in the UK Elon musk isn't really a thing

If I ain't commenting in your threads I either don't know enough don't care or agree....

Regarding gates I just don't know enough however I don't believe he's the big evil. We discussed his meningitis vaccine and how that was beneficial

Elon musk is trash I wouldn't trust him like a worse Richard Branson. Luckily for us in the UK Elon musk isn't really a thing
branson was my dude until that shit he pulled on the virgin airline people.

i cant rock with him now.

abd ne needs to give the sir back

TikTok can reportedly track all keyboard inputs from users in its in-app browser, according to a former Google engineer-turned digital security researcher.

Researcher Felix Krause, who previously warned that both Instagram and Meta apps could track users' data using those platform's in-app browsers, warned that TikTok injects code into other websites when users browse the internet using the app's internal web browser.

When you open any link on the TikTok iOS app, it’s opened inside their in-app browser," Krause explained in a blog post. "While you are interacting with the website, TikTok subscribes to all keyboard inputs (including passwords, credit card information, etc.) and every tap on the screen, like which buttons and links you click."
TikTok has reportedly confirmed that the injected software exists, but denied that it was being actively used.

Like other platforms, we use an in-app browser to provide an optimal user experience, but the Javascript code in question is used only for debugging, troubleshooting, and performance monitoring of that experience — like checking how quickly a page loads or whether it crashes," a TikTok spokesperson told Forbes.
The U.S. House of Representatives Chief Administrative Officer recently issued a "cyber advisory" on TikTok, labeling it a "high risk."

TikTok users can have their personal information easily accessed from within China, the advisory warns.

We do not recommend the download or use of this application due to these security and privacy concerns," the U.S. House of Representatives Chief Administrative Officer said in a statement.

When Krause previously revealed that Meta platforms, such as Facebook and Instagram, could track users' data when they used in-app browsers, he warned it was done without users' consent or the other websites' permission.

Why is this a big deal? Instagram & Facebook actively work around the new App Tracking Transparency System which was designed to prevent exactly this kind of abuse, to keep tracking users outside their ecosystem," Krause claimed.
The ex-Google engineer apparently discovered the code injection while developing a tool to detect extra commands added to websites by web browsers. For most browsers and apps, the tool doesn't detect any lines of code injection, but for Facebook and Instagram, Krause claims the tool found up to 18 added lines of code.

Krause adds in his blog a series of "FAQs" (Frequently Asked Questions) for "non-tech readers." He explains that Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok can only read user data when people use their in-app browsers, and people can simply "make sure to click the dots in the corner to open the page in Safari instead" when using the apps on iPhone.

The ex-Google engineer also makes it clear he doesn't have proof Meta or TikTok are stealing or storing passwords and credit card data, only that it is possible for the companies' apps to do so.

Back