Welcome To aBlackWeb

Tiger Woods to visit White House on Monday

http://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/26654136/reports-tiger-visit-white-house-monday

Tiger Woods is set to celebrate his Masters victory by visiting the White House and President Donald Trump on Monday, according to multiple reports.

The reports say Trump will host a ceremony honoring Woods, who won his 15th major championship last month and fifth green jacket.

The day after the victory, Trump tweeted that he had spoken with Woods and announced he would be honoring him with the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the nation's highest honor for a civilian. That presentation is expected to take place later in the year.

The president is an avid golfer who played a round with Woods at Trump's golf club in Jupiter, Florida, in February.

tiger-woods-donald-trump-golf-3.jpg

8A806F18-7B52-46DD-8D8D-97FA79ACBE5D.gif

I remember after he won the ‘Massas’ tournament.. Niggas were in that thread claiming Eldrick was secretly really for cause.. Posting old videos where it sounded like he had a clue what was really going on with black folks in this country.. Well now his true colors have once again been revealed..

Last edited:
I'm not sure why anyone thought Tiger was down like that. People always seem to forget that he never even wanted to be known as black. He was quick to call himself cablasian. Now I'm not saying he shouldn't be proud of the rest of his heritage or that it's wrong for him to acknowledge the rest of his heritage. All I can say is that I'm a mixed person that most people just call black. I've never once had the urge to correct them and point out that I was like 30% white too. Dude's black dad is the reason he got into golf and him being considered a black man is how he got so much extra support and love. I've always felt he didn't embrace his blackness enough when you consider those two facts.

Why y’all surprised and/or mad?

You knew Eldrick was on that “I’m not black” shit. He BEEN said that.

I respect that Nigga golf game. Outside of that, I treat him like Floyd. And TI summed that up best for all of us:

LOL i thought this was about a real tiger going to the WH

:kobe:

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/trump-tiger-woods-lovefest-business-engtanglements

Inside The Trump-Tiger Woods Lovefest (And Business Entanglements)

President Donald Trump has long expressed his affection and support for Tiger Woods, and is now taking the unusual step of awarding the young golfer with the Medal of Freedom, the highest award a civilian can receive.

The problem is, like in many areas of Trump’s life, that the situation is muddied by business entanglements.

According to the New York Times, Woods designed a golf course for Trump’s luxury complex in Dubai. Trump also named a villa after him at the Trump National Doral Miami. Since then, Trump has been eager to tout his business partnership with Woods.

Even beyond the dubious move of bestowing such a prestigious award on a business partner, Trump has also ruffled feathers by giving Woods the award when he’s still mid-career. Very few athletes have ever been given the award in general, and for those who have, it’s been a lifetime achievement acknowledgement for changing the sport forever.

Trump is slated to award Woods the Medal on Monday.

Back