Welcome To aBlackWeb

TI vs TIP

5th Letter

Mod Squad
1718655205777.jpeg

TI vs TIP is the fifth studio album from TI, this was released July 3rd 2007. This is supposed to be a concept album, part gangster, part business man. Coming off of the King album, TI had tons of momentum but despite the commercial success the album was deemed a disappointment.

Track 1. ACT I: T.I.P, produced by Just Blaze, the track opens with news sound bites spotlighting his year up to this point. This is a solid. 7/10

Track 2. Big Shit Poppin, produced by Mannie Fresh. This song is solid but I felt like this was more of an album cut than a lead single. 7/10

Track 3. Raw, produced by Lil C, this is the first weak track to me. He’s talking his usual shit but I’m not feeling the beat. 5.5/10

Track 4. You Know What It Is, produced by Wyclef Jean. With additional vocals from Wyclef, this was the 2nd single. This song is solid but it’s kinda ehh for a single. 7/10

Track 5. Da Dopeman, produced by Mannie Fresh. I’m not feeling the beat, I’ve never been a fan of Mannie Fresh’s production in general. 5.5/10

Track 6. Watch What You Say To Me, produced by Kevin “Khao” Cates, this song features Jay Z. This is by far the best song on here up to this point. 8/10

Track 7. Hurt, produced by Danja. This features Busta Rhymes and Alfamega (TI’s artist on Grand Hustle), this was the 3rd single. This song isn’t good at all. 5/10

Track 8. ACT II: TI, produced by Just Blaze. This song is alright. 6/10

Track 9. Help Is Coming, produced by Just Blaze. TI picked some of Just’s worst beats it seems like smh. 5/10

Track 10. My Swag, produced by Wyclef Jean with additional vocals from Wyclef. This song is not good. The beat sounds dated for its era, the hook is generic. 4/10

Track 11. We Do This, produced by The Runners. Trash. 3/10

Track 12. Show It To Me, produced by Tony Galvin. This song features Nelly. I’m not feeling this one. Solid beat though. 6/10

Track 13. Don’t You Wanna Be High, produced by The Runners. Smooth beat, TI talking that slick shit. First song I actually like in a while. 7/10

Track 14. Touchdown, produced by Eminem. This song features Eminem. The song actually isn’t bad one of the better ones on here. 7/10

Track 15. ACT III: TI vs TIP The Confrontation, produced by Just Blaze. This is TI and TIP arguing with each other.

Track 16. Tell ‘Em I Said That, produced by Hill Danja. Meh song. TI talking that tough guy talk though. 5/10

Track 17. Respect This Hustle, produced by Hill Danja. Not feeling this one. It just sounds so generic, a theme for this album. 5.5/10

Track 18. My Type, produced by Keith Mack. This song is solid. Very introspective. I like this. 7/10

Track 19. The Hottest, produced by Kevin “Khao” Cates. This is one of two bonus songs. This song features Mac Boney (P$C Squad member) Boney’s verse was bad but overall the song isn’t bad, it’s just there. 6/10

Track 20. No Sweat, produced by Keith Mack. This song features Big Kuntry and JR. The second of two bonus songs. This song is solid. Good to decent verses from everyone. 6.5/10

Anticipated this album so much.
Wasn't up to the standards of King but dude was trying to grow and try new things. The same shit Drake get bashed for not doing.

Wasn't his best but it still marked a certain period for me and some songs still bring me back to that time

This wasn't a bad album. Definitely not his greatest work. But I enjoy too many records from this album to say it's actually 'bad'. The ENTIRE Act I is Good. Act II is dreadful, and Act III was mediocre to OK, but had one of my favorite Tip songs (My Type).

This album was pretty bad. If they had released a shortish album with 11-12 tracks it could’ve been passable. This was disappointing especially after he dropped King and was riding a wave of momentum at this time. 5.5/10
Yeah this album was trash it's only about a good 4-5 tracks worth listening to. I was never a big fan of T. I. a lot of his joints are subpar w/a couple of classics and that's it.

Definitely TI’s first misstep as far as albums. It’s not terrible, No Mercy was terrible. This is just very disappointing.

There were a couple joints on here. Damn this shit takes me back. Came out during my freshman year at college. Big Shit Poppin was my fucking SHIT. Hov bodied bum ass Wayne on "Watch What You Say To Me"
HURT... lawd

Last edited:
Reactions: GNS
This wasn't a bad album. Definitely not his greatest work. But I enjoy too many records from this album to say it's actually 'bad'. The ENTIRE Act I is Good. Act II is dreadful, and Act III was mediocre to OK, but had one of my favorite Tip songs (My Type).
Same sentiments

There were a couple joints on here. Damn this shit takes me back. Came out during my freshman year at college. Big Shit Poppin was my fucking SHIT. Hov bodied bum ass Wayne on "Watch What You Say To Me"
HURT... lawd
Maybe I misunderstood this or maybe there’s another version that I wasn’t aware of…but Wayne definitely wasn’t on Watch What You Say To Me.

Back