Welcome To aBlackWeb

Three 6 Mafia Appreciation Thread

I remember when I first got put on to their music around 98' or 99'. My home boy used to always get his momma car. She couldn't drive, so she basically gave the car to him. We about in middle school during the time with nobody's permit nor license. I used to save up my lunch money for school because I was on paid lunch but anyway, I used to use my lunch money for gas money, so we can have gas to ride on every weekend. When his momma let him get the car. One day, that nigga popped in that Hypnotize Camp Posse album & started playing Big Talk, Big Mouth. I was like "bruhhhhhh!!!!!! who album is this? this shit is going tf off". We riding everywhere in the city like we adults & we legally to drive. I'm in the passenger side, getting amped in shit, ready to fight from it. That nigga had all off of their albums during the time, man I copped that Tear Da Club Up Thugs album from him & still to this dy, I still have that album in my cd book. I truly got hypnotized lol.

Rear view mirror fucked up
So I cant see when they comin
Yesterday I got spooked out
and drew down on an old woman

I told her lady look
Im sorry miss i know I was wrong
But you came so fuckin close to me
I thought it was on

That's when Juve was killing shit around 98 & 99'. Prime Juve used to outshine on niggas tracks

Was just listening to Project Pat yesterday on the way home from work

Juicy and Paul are underrated as producers as well

Very much so. i also think another aspect about them that flies under the radar, is how unique some of their sample choices are

Case in point. they actually decided to sample a Cradle of Filth (a Black Metal band) song for a Headbussaz track. they also chose to sample one of the songs on the Italian movie Seven Notes in Black's soundtrack. which helped to create Ten Toes Tall on Lil' Wyte's album. and they used the Puppet Master Theme on La Chat's Dont Sang it

Juicy-J-827x620.jpg

Today's Juicy J's birthday

Back