Welcome To aBlackWeb

Threads may change, but God remains the same!

If you worried about high judgment they ain’t the ones for you to be around fam. Trust me.

I got thrown out of a church once because I called a pastor out on his BS

I talk about Christ and the Gospel all the time. I even quote scriptures around my co-workers…but they know they can always sit and have a REAL conversation with me cause I’m a real ass dude who’s been through it in life and I understand what we all go through
Naw I'm not worried about high judgement. They know me and who I am. I just know how I can be, and what they want from me
And I often feel a little guilty about not caring as much as I know they want me to.

Basically the pastor is taking over from his father, and he has no Deacon's of his own. He has his father's deacons. I knew 12 years ago when he married us, that he would one day want me to stand with him on this journey. I just don't have the same drive on church stuff at he does, and feel I would be fraudulent just jumping into it knowing how heavy I drink and smoke, and I still work at bars. I still cuss hard. Like I know examine myself, and I take charges seriously.... I'm not what I feel that guy should be.

I know he doesn't care where I'm at, he just wants me close. He covered. Considers me a friend and a peer, and if I was like most "church dudes" and was eager for that kinda recognition.... I'd already have it. It's just not my lane.

But I know that's where him and his wife want me. They know how the congregation responds to me. They know how hard I work for my family. And yet while I feel honored they still reaching out to me for stuff like this... I'm kinda over it.

I'm definitely going out with them Saturday, I'm not 100% on what I'm wearing yet, but I legit laughed to myself looking at the clothing line, cuz I would have for sure grabbed one of them hoodies had I saw this early enough just off of GP for the evening

I prolly still will... He got some dope stuff on there. And he's legit my man's....DoU been the homie forever. We have real life mutual friends and bonded over that years ago

Naw I'm not worried about high judgement. They know me and who I am. I just know how I can be, and what they want from me
And I often feel a little guilty about not caring as much as I know they want me to.

Basically the pastor is taking over from his father, and he has no Deacon's of his own. He has his father's deacons. I knew 12 years ago when he married us, that he would one day want me to stand with him on this journey. I just don't have the same drive on church stuff at he does, and feel I would be fraudulent just jumping into it knowing how heavy I drink and smoke, and I still work at bars. I still cuss hard. Like I know examine myself, and I take charges seriously.... I'm not what I feel that guy should be.

I know he doesn't care where I'm at, he just wants me close. He covered. Considers me a friend and a peer, and if I was like most "church dudes" and was eager for that kinda recognition.... I'd already have it. It's just not my lane.

But I know that's where him and his wife want me. They know how the congregation responds to me. They know how hard I work for my family. And yet while I feel honored they still reaching out to me for stuff like this... I'm kinda over it.

I'm definitely going out with them Saturday, I'm not 100% on what I'm wearing yet, but I legit laughed to myself looking at the clothing line, cuz I would have for sure grabbed one of them hoodies had I saw this early enough just off of GP for the evening

Hey man if you got the Spirit and a true desire to get closer to God no man can shade you or take that away from you. The devil may try to use your flaws to shame you but God knows that his light rests in you.

God may just use you as an example of what he can do and use as a great testimony…..whether you’re in a church or not. The pastor probably sees it In you too.

You have the gift of charity

We've been cool for long long time... He's got me by like 7-8 years.... We joined the church when I was like 16.... So right off the bat we've always been cool.

I used to try to rattle him with paradoxical questions and inconsistencies in the scripture.... But the conversations were always pure. I have no doubt this brother is the real deal. Very much akin to DoU, I just don't see myself at that level
But I respect them for being there

I had a conversation with a brother in Christ and I told him that the deeper you have a relationship with God the less “churchy” you’ll appear….because your walk will be real and genuine

People use church as a crutch to look good in front of others. Of course there are standards that matter. But people tend to focus on the wrong standards

When you truly understand how Faithful and True God is, the more open and grateful you’ll be of the real you…because he accepts you…flaws and all. You’ll represent the same faithfulness God showed you towards others. And no one will be able to deny your faith that way.

Romans 5:3-5

Proverbs 29:25

Your job at the bar may open a door for you to do something great. I remember when i used to be a bouncer at this club…I did more for others than I even realized

the bolded is me...

I be feeling bad af cause my pastor is like this and my aunts now that Ive started going to church more and have taken on a role.

like I care but its not to the level that they want me to care or think that I care (If that makes sense)

I had a conversation with a brother in Christ and I told him that the deeper you have a relationship with God the less “churchy” you’ll appear….because your walk will be real and genuine

People use church as a crutch to look good in front of others. Of course there are standards that matter. But people tend to focus on the wrong standards

When you truly understand how Faithful and True God is, the more open and grateful you’ll be of the real you…because he accepts you…flaws and all. You’ll represent the same faithfulness God showed you towards others. And no one will be able to deny your faith that way.

Romans 5:3-5

Proverbs 29:25

Your job at the bar may open a door for you to do something great. I remember when i used to be a bouncer at this club…I did more for others than I even realized
Powerful! Yes and amen!

Back