Welcome To aBlackWeb

men are so cruel
It's cruel to give someone what they're looking for just because it brings pleasure?

I think that's a ideal situation.

A woman is looking for affection because she's troubled. And the dude provides because it's in his best interests.

Whole relationships done system sparked cuz of that

Background on the video:

When she says "friend", she's talking about a boyfriend. If you watch all the way through, the poet is critical of herself for giving (what she considers) husband privileges and husband levels of devotion to a guy who hadn't put a ring on it. Basically, she herself is saying that he didn't buy the cow because he was getting the milk for free n that in hindsight she should have seen her worth sooner.

I'm curious what y'all's thoughts on that are, but I didn't wanna give up the content without givin y'all a chance to listen.

Some of the things I was lookin to discuss:

Are there duties and gestures that should be reserved for spouses n not boyfriends/girlfriends?
Is it just semantics in a world where many committed couples opt out of marriage altogether?
Was she doing too much n shouldn't have been doing all that for any nigga, boyfriend or husband?
Can the reverse be true too, wifey privileges for a woman you're not wedded to?

Last edited:
I ain't gonna say whether I agree or disagree with her stance or the conclusion she reached cuz that's not what I'm goin for with this thread, but I think it was a well done look @ the lessons ppl take from complicated situations n swallowing tough pills like taking accountability for the part ur ass played in finding urself with outcomes that were not what u wanted.

I like that if you listen to the full vid, she doesn't spend much time talking about him and how he wronged her (or even stating that he wronged her). She spends most of it talking about what she did n why, n proceeds to go in on the faults in the logic she had n the way that she was operating.

Off topic: My fave quote is "and all that for a nigga who was just average, doing average nigga shit... Either I wasn't living up to my potential, or I was just an average chick". insightful af. that line wld be a gem even if the genders were swapped.

Last edited:
But was that truly self reflecting? Sounds like she was naming all the things she did for a nigga and felt like it wasn't reciprocated. That's not self reflecting.

Self reflecting would be if she realized what she didn't do that ultimately led to him no longer wanting to be with her. She didn't say he cheated, but that he simply left. We don't know his side of the story, he could've been doing just as much for her as she was for him. But from what it seems, she's not acknowledging that.

Back