Thoughts on this....."We have bigger fish to fry' -Jamie Fox

I agree with Jamie on this but I hate that one of us always comes out to defend them when they get into some controversy. Famous whites never come out on some "he not racist or he not homophobic" when a popular nigga gets into hot water. They just leave em twisting in the wind. Let the cacs deal with their own shit. I remember when Beiber "nigger tapes" came out, Niggas were falling over themselves to clear his name

What he did factually wasn't blackface. He wasn't trying to lampoon or caricature black people. He wasn't trying to paint black people as buffoons and fools. He was playing a role and people use things like costumes and makeup to get closer to that role. This should be a non-story.

That said, I don't want hear anyone acting indignant about this fake outrage as if people on this site and certainly on the IC haven't done the same thing. People consistently ignore context when it comes to this topic. We can all agree that the gangsta/Hip Hop/Urban parties that CACs throw where they all dress up like black stereotypes and pretend to be black by behaving like buffoons are the modern equivalent of blackface. The people that throw and attend those parties should be hit for that. However, when a white kid dresses up like his favorite NBA player for Halloween, uses makeup to complete the costume, and has not intention of acting crazy or anything like that, it's not different than what Fallon did. But we had topics about that on the IC and maybe here too where people going ballistic over it. So just be consistent. If the random white kid that does shit like that can't get a pass then neither should Fallon.

The thing is bro I get wanting to be your favorite sports star but you do not need to paint yourself another color a fake James Harden beard cool. Using make up to get his tone ain’t cool it’s stupid. And we don’t give the random white kids passes lol

If I wanted to be Aladdin I’m not changing my skin to look more believable

The thing is bro I get wanting to be your favorite sports star but you do not need to paint yourself another color a fake James Harden beard cool. Using make up to get his tone ain’t cool it’s stupid. And we don’t give the random white kids passes lol

If I wanted to be Aladdin I’m not changing my skin to look more believable

It's benign. If the person's intention is nothing more than to complete a costume, you can call it stupid all day, but equating it to blackface is factually and contexually false. That's neither here nor there though. My point is that if you think it's ok to be mad at that then you should have no problem with people being mad at Fallon. You could make your same exact argument against Fallon.

• Ether
Reactions: Sion
It's benign. If the person's intention is nothing more than to complete a costume, you can call it stupid all day, but equating it to blackface is factually and contexually false. That's neither here nor there though. My point is that if you think it's ok to be mad at that then you should have no problem with people being mad at Fallon. You could make your same exact argument against Fallon.

Benign intent does not erase facts bro. Just cuz I don’t mean to offend does not make what I’m doing justified

Reactions: shutupGabi and GNS
Benign intent does not erase facts bro. Just cuz I don’t mean to offend does not make what I’m doing justified

What are the facts though? It's not blackface period, and you can't always control how other people react to what you do. Again, I'm not advocating for white people painting themselves up to look black. My point is either you're going to apply context and know when something is blackface and when it's not, or you're not going to do that and mindlessly act like anytime a white person paints his or her skin it's black face. Choose whichever one you want, but be consistent. Don't act like it's ridiculous to get mad about Fallon doing it but then have a fit when some random white kid does the same thing.

What are the facts though? It's not blackface period, and you can't always control how other people react to what you do. Again, I'm not advocating for white people painting themselves up to look black. My point is either you're going to apply context and know when something is blackface and when it's not, or you're not going to do that and mindlessly act like anytime a white person paints his or her skin it's black face. Choose whichever one you want, but be consistent. Don't act like it's ridiculous to get mad about Fallon doing it but then have a fit when some random white kid does the same thing.

Im personally against anybody doing it so I can keep the same energy

Plenty of people cosplay in a respectful manner.

Coloring your skin black is never necessary to understand who you're trying to portray.

But this ain't my hill to die on cause I don't really fuck with Jimmy Fallon or Chris rock.

Rock handing out nigga passes, I don't think he cares:

Plenty of people cosplay in a respectful manner.

Coloring your skin black is never necessary to understand who you're trying to portray.

But this ain't my hill to die on cause I don't really fuck with Jimmy Fallon or Chris rock.

Rock handing out nigga passes, I don't think he cares:

Thank you. If you color your skin it better be green red blue or something like that. Don’t make yourself the skin tone of another group

Reactions: Whis Khalifa
I agree with Jamie on this but I hate that one of us always comes out to defend them when they get into some controversy. Famous whites never come out on some "he not racist or he not homophobic" when a popular nigga gets into hot water. They just leave em twisting in the wind. Let the cacs deal with their own shit. I remember when Beiber "nigger tapes" came out, Niggas were falling over themselves to clear his name
Ellen backed up kev hart on that oscar shit

Reactions: SneakDZA
He could've done the impersonation w/o the blackface...i've seen comics imitate Chris Rock before w/o doing it. It's not hard...
I mean honestly...he aint lyin.

But isn't this the 2nd time they tried to bring that video up? Pretty sure they tried last year, and nothin came from it.

The other one was Jimmy Kimmel doing a Karl Malone impersonation but fuck Karl Malone...as for this instance it's blackface. He couldve done the impersonation w/o doing it. Chris Rock has been parodied countless times and it can be done w/o blackface because the parody is in his mannerisms and how he speaks...but this ain't no shit to run Jimmy Fallon out of his job for. Especially considering the motivation behind this even surfacing apparently is pissed off Doja Cat fans who were trying to get the heat off her and stumbled on this video

Reactions: SneakDZA
let me ask you this

would ya'll still feel it was black face if they portrayed Rock on a show like Family Guy with ol boy doing the voice?

While I gotta say I don't really give a shit about anything Jimmy Fallon does so this is pretty meh to me, the excuse that it's just comedy and as long as it's funny it's ok is flawed at its core since blackface was always done in the guise of "comedy".

From Bob Hope to Amos & Andy to Robert Downey Jr and so on - that shit was always hilarious to some people.