Welcome To aBlackWeb

Thot Rap, Ladies your opinions are mostly welcomed

This is a spinoff based on me and @Bed$tuy disagreement about his self proclaimed "Thot Rap" which is women rappers who talk about sex and show their bodies.

Y'all don't enjoy seeing women shake their ass bruh?

I always thought it was weird when I see niggas have issues with seeing women express themselves sexually.

@Sony Montana took your advice to heart champ.

Let's discuss why Thot Rap is actually a blessing
Heyyyy Foxx!🤗

I abhor "thot rap"...mostly b/c that's ALL. THERE. IS in mainstream "hip hop" now. IMO, there's no "value" in it b/c it's "ho shit" just for the sake of "ho shit"...a race to see just how low and disgusting the next chick will go (lyrically, performance, image). Also, the way the younger gen is set up now, they are followers like I've never seen before so, the super impressionable aren't aware that "ho is life" shouldn't actually be a lifestyle and that's all these "thot rap" girlies are pushing. I'm sick of hearing about ass/pussy/titties (I have my own for phuck's sake!), getting the bag (prostitution), etc. There's no "empowerment" in that shit, they need to stop the cap. Shit's just wack to me.

Happy Sunday and thank you for attending my TED Talk.

Thot rap sounded dope when it was confined to BET Uncut.

Raps were wack as fuck but you knew what you were staying up late and looking for .

Aint no looking for this shit now cuz its mainstream. You can't turn a corner without bumping into this shit and the raps are still wack.

My $0.02

Sometimes a female MC can hold my attention, like Lauryn, but generally I'm not interested in what female rappers rap about I'm usually more interested in what men rap about.

Having said that, I like Erykah Badu, Beyonce, Alicia Keys, Jill Scott, etc.

I like male MCs with a female singing the chorus

Love Of My Life - Common feat Erykah Badu
Crazy In Love - Beyonce feat Jay Z
Me and My Girlfriend - Jay Z feat Beyonce
Got Til It's Gone - Janet Jackson feat Q-Tip
Always On Time - Ja Rule feat Ashanti
One More Chance - Biggie feat Faith Evans

If you notice, all of those songs have a guy rapping and a girl singing, not the other way around.

I'm not sure if I want to listen to a guy singing and a girl rapping. I can't think of any examples of a guy singing and a girl rapping (Stomp by Kirk Franklin feat God's Property?).

One of my favorite songs of all time is All Night Long by The Mary Jane Girls. I like it because it sounds feminine. Not masculine.

Back