Welcome To aBlackWeb

They finally found a black artist to shuck & jive w/ Maroon 5 @ the Super Bowl in the ATL..

Basketball is my #1 sport, so I rarely watch the NFL as is. Here's my thoughts. I have no problem with Travis and Big Boi performing at the Superbowl (I hope he bring out Andre 3000 too). But the people that's trying to crucify them for performing, knowing the same person subscribed to the NFL game pass and watches the NFL every week and buy their gear are talking from a glass house.

So yall never watching NFL football again?

I still watch, gladly.

People talking about boycotting. Foh. A real boycott against those "don't give a fuck" about you goes beyond the NFL. These muthafuckas don't want a real boycott they just doing shit that is convenient for them.

Did people boycott the NBA when Stern was blackballing players and forcing them to stand? I don't remember hearing a peep.

I still don't see what's so difficult about boycotting mfs who don't give a shit about you or your people.
It's football not heroin.
Cause it's not about if there care or not, they made a business decision. The majority of fans are not black so they made a business decision. The NBA can make the business decision to pubica...

You know what, I'm not even going to go into that. Yall gone miss a good superbowl..but enjoy the memes

Zero fucks given bout travis scott i dont listen to his shit and as far as big boi....wheres dre 3000???

I said it from the jump.

The main ones boycotting didn't really watch like that to begin with. It didn't really care about football.

People are fickle. It's easy to boycott some shit you don't fuck with like that. But ask those boycotters their opinions on some other shit black folk claimed they were boycotting the past few years

To each his own but I honestly don’t see how people still rock with the NFL like that after the whole Kaepernick situation.

I used to be a huge football fan and watched every Sunday but ever since Kap didn’t get signed I stopped watching. To me “they” clearly said they don’t care about our voices or issues just shut up and play, I can’t fuck with that.

I love OutKast and I know they were offered the super bowl show at one point but 3000 didn’t wanna do it. Big boi probably felt a way about that and is probably taking this opportunity to make up for it, plus it’s in Atlanta. So while I wish no black artists performed I’m not mad at him.

Travis on the other hand I dunno what he really has to gain from performing, I could see if the artists got paid for the halftime show but this is just to get a few more streams. He looks bad being the one to raise his hand and say “I’ll do it” after others already turned it down.

I honestly don’t see how people still rock with the NFL like that after the whole Kaepernick situation.
Cuz everybody doesn't share the same opinion about it.

There's a lot of reasons to still watch. At the end of the day Kaepernick still winning, still getting money off the shit..

The nfl definitely felt the pressure an the backlash.

And ultimately the league is full of black players who people still want to support. And many people have an emotional connection to their home team an the sport. It's tough to give that up.... Everyone convictions ain't the same.

I personally don't care one way or the other cuz I kinda stopped watching a few seasons ago. I still check in, but the passion an enthusiasm I used to have for football is gone. I can care less who wins an losses. My Ravens support is obligatory at best. And once the fantasy football season is over my interest tanks.

I'm not boycotting or not watching out of spite, or to make a point.... The sport just lost a lot of it's appeal to me during the whole situation.

I think the nfl is slowly losing popularity anyway. From the racism within the league, to the health of the players long term, constant unnecessary rule changes etc.

Football is still king but I think in the next 10 15 years the NBA might be the most popular sport in America.

i watch football more now than Ive ever watched before thanks to fantasy football. but I havent given a fuck about a halftime show since bruno mars and rhcp sang.

but fuck that. maroon 5, big boi and scott make good ass music. i love kaep and his work but am i gonna deny myself what I enjoy because of their backstage BS?

Then I might as well stop watching college sports becuase they treat their athletes like shit, stop watching soccer cuz fifa is a corrupt org, stop watching marvel flicks because their CEO works for Trump, etc etc.

Back