Welcome To aBlackWeb

These photos of the District underwater illustrate our future with sea-level rise

DMorgan

You niggas is EXCOMMUNICADO!!!
Of course, it’s not really fun when you think about the gradual wear and tear this flooding has on infrastructure. And it’s only going to get worse as sea level rises because of climate change. These photos are essentially a preview of what’s to come. Alexandria, Arlington and the District are on the front lines for this, because sea level is rising faster here than anywhere else on the East Coast.
I4UHO3MXOU5UFLLTLOYDRLY36Y.png

LRR5GR3W745HDIFKCB5W4OKHIY.jpg

LHIKSSE74A533BSHNGNUDXGOJU.jpg

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...e-with-sea-level-rise/?utm_term=.da59ddb5c004

Yeah, it's been said Louisiana is already being affected by this. Here's a picture that shows how flooding is changing the state map. It's not 100% accurate, but said to be closer to the truth.

louisiana_boot.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah, it's been said Louisiana is already being affected by this. Here's a picture that shows how flooding is changing the state map. It's 100% accurate, but said to be closer to the truth.

louisiana_boot.jpeg

LOL. France sold us a lemon.

I wonder what they could do to reverse the effects floods have.
the short answer nothing

the more complicated answer, stop building shit that tear trees down and disturb the natural elevations of lands

When I read this article and saw the pics I was looking like "THAT'S MY CITY!!"
giphy.gif

I absolutely enjoyed and loved my city. Now that they have and are gentrifying the whole city and taking all the soul and flavor out it with all these lame ass white people.

LET THAT BITCH SINK!!!!!!!!
n6YKbQ9.gif

the short answer nothing

the more complicated answer, stop building shit that tear trees down and disturb the natural elevations of lands
I can say that is one thing that bothers me. I’ve watched so much land filled with trees get torn down just for them to throw housing on it.

I can say that is one thing that bothers me. I’ve watched so much land filled with trees get torn down just for them to throw housing on it.

this x1000%

the issue is instead of rehabbing current infrastructure, they move out farther selling the dreams of nicer neighborhoods, schools, shopping, etc...while the older communities continue to fight blight

this x1000%

the issue is instead of rehabbing current infrastructure, they move out farther selling the dreams of nicer neighborhoods, schools, shopping, etc...while the older communities continue to fight blight
People are going to be living in these nice ass houses with no clean air to breathe. Neighborhoods that will flood in an instant. Since I started Ubering, I’ve gotten to see some of Houston at a better glance and what they need to do is build up some of these old ass raggedy neighborhoods and stop chopping down trees.

People are going to be living in these nice ass houses with no clean air to breathe. Neighborhoods that will flood in an instant. Since I started Ubering, I’ve gotten to see some of Houston at a better glance and what they need to do is build up some of these old ass raggedy neighborhoods and stop chopping down trees.
you on it today Regina!

BR elected its first black female mayor last year. She has really been out there in the community trying to make a difference.

In just a few months in office, she created this Blight task force tasked with going to the most troubled areas in the city, and remove the old tires, trash, etc...

she's trying to revive the areas to bring new businesses to those communities

but she cant do it all by herself.

I would be so down to do something like that. Especially around where my grandmother lives and around my job.

I would be so down to do something like that. Especially around where my grandmother lives and around my job.
They've cleaned out ditches, abandoned properties, etc..

The next phase is to tear down those dilapidated properties as well but it's not an easy task because they have to find the owners. They can't just bulldoze it because it looks bad unfortunately

Yeah, it's been said Louisiana is already being affected by this. Here's a picture that shows how flooding is changing the state map. It's not 100% accurate, but said to be closer to the truth.

louisiana_boot.jpeg

That’s a gross exaggeration.

Florida, South Louisiana gon be gon in a couple 100 years

Back