Welcome To aBlackWeb

Underground Railroad?

I didnt catch that one.

But her being a South African actress playing an American slave im sure is problematic for some of the losers on this website
The 2nd in command of the Agojie played her mother in that series

Went to see it w the wife and leaving the theater we talked about how that would be a good movie for our daughter.

Wifey actually plans on seeing it again w her mom

This girl killed it

Looked it up and this actually her 1st movie.

She's been in a few films and tv shows. I'm a fan she's a good actor. She played a 19 in this film but she's actually 31, she has a kid/teen face. She should be able to capitalize off that for awhile.

Like it's already been stated by other folks that actually seen the movie I didnt go into this expecting it to be 100% factual. It was an entertaining film at the end of the day and all of the actresses did their thing.

From the costumes to the cinematography and the overall story... it was all on point imo

Was it an entertaining movie? Without question.

Does it have a responsibility to be anything more than that? That's up to you.

I'm past the point of taking escapism that seriously. Sacrificing truth for entertainment doesn't offend me much anymore.

This woulda worked much better as a series tho imo. We could get backstories of the captives and how they had to overcome their language and cultural barriers to being one tribe...the ascendance of the king...the beef between viola's character and the king's wife...lot more story left on the table that a 2 hr movie couldn't get into.

Was it an entertaining movie? Without question.

Does it have a responsibility to be anything more than that? That's up to you.

I'm past the point of taking escapism that seriously. Sacrificing truth for entertainment doesn't offend me much anymore.

This woulda worked much better as a series tho imo. We could get backstories of the captives and how they had to overcome their language and cultural barriers to being one tribe...the ascendance of the king...the beef between viola's character and the king's wife...lot more story left on the table that a 2 hr movie couldn't get into.
I could see Amazon, Apple or HBO turning this into a series

I could see Amazon, Apple or HBO turning this into a series

Damn. Giving Hero complex to a hated tribe that did dealings with the English and when English stopped the slave trade that same tribe did dealings with another white country

The more I read/listen/watch about them the more I SMH

Damn. Giving Hero complex to a hated tribe that did dealings with the English and when English stopped the slave trade that same tribe did dealings with another white country

The more I read/listen/watch about them the more I SMH
I cant knock people not liking the movie due to the inaccuracies. It does glorify them. At the same time, I think it makes SOME people go and do the research. I like the dialog this movie brought out of people. It gave me hope that there still are people that research and dont just believe everything they hear.

Im kind of torn though. I dont have outrage about this movie but I feel where they coming from. When hollywood tries their hands with a movie about Egyptian culture, they seem to always mess it up. At this point, jeffrey dahmer is just being glamorized. That shoe has some inaccuracies just for it to be more entertaining. I really dont know why you have to twist anything about tjay monster. But I guess this show is seen from the view of the black folks in that town.

Back