Welcome To aBlackWeb

Added to Calendar: 09-27-24

Wow, DreamWorks. Somebody was cutting onions in there. It's about motherhood, kindness and coexistence. Such a beautiful story. The score is beautiful and full of hope

This is my favorite animated film of the year. Great voice performance by Lupita.

⭐⭐⭐⭐

Last edited:
This was great. Highly recommend

I really thought that after credit scene was going to be Roz somehow returning

The Wild Robot

PRAISE: DreamWorks Animation has once again dreamed up an animated film with strong family themes, heart and wonderful blends of animation. The story about an intelligent robot called Roz is stranded on an uninhabited island but overflowing with wildlife that learns to adapt and adopt. Anyone that has ever watched a series or film about wildlife can definitely see the movie gets a lot of things right about animals, their survival and communities. Sometimes the facts about the wild are combined with some dark humor, one scene in particular made me say: Wait did they just do that ?!? There's some great voice work from the entire cast including : Lupita Nyong'o, Pedro Pascal, Kit Connor, and Bill Nighy. There are a lot of strong messages in the film about life, acceptance and the environment but i didn't feel like i was being hit over the head with it. I liked the message of what kind of impact a parent can have on a child and how one never really stops being a parent or loving a child. The animation is sharp and creative with tons of great detail.

PROBLEMS: I found a few moments to be predictable. The climax felt like a carbon copy of so many animated films I've watched over the years.

Scale of 1 to 10 an 8½

Back