Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION The West’s Piru Headed Step Child: Ranking The Games Albums

grYmes

The price of a brick goin up…
Happy Juneteenth everyone! Coming off one of the best moments hip-hop has had in a hot minute with Kendrick’s Pop Up… it’s inspired me to get going on my next artist for the ranking series. It’s time now to talk about the man who didn’t get invited. Nor was he invited to the LA Super Bowl halftime show a few years back. Yet he’s a significant artist that held the west coasts flag in that pivotal era between Snoop & Pac/Kendrick & YG. The Game.

He’s a controversial nigga. His off wax antics may of gotten in the way of his on wax longevity at times, but it’s no denying for a time he looked like he was poised to run this whole thing. For the next few days I’ll be looking back at his discography to see his triumphs & set backs, thus ranking his albums to find out if his body of work can withstand the test of time. That isn’t to say he couldn’t drop a great album right now cuz he probably can… but this nigga makes it very difficult to root for him. I’ll be listening to his joints over the week and give my opinion.

Last edited:
10. Drillmatic- Heart vs. Mind (2022)

1719331350638.png

I’m of the belief that Game has never had a straight bad album. Even tho this is at the bottom of the list don’t take it that way. Every album he’s had has given me more than a few tracks to fuck with. The major issue I got with this however, is that it’s just way too damn long. At 31 tracks clocking in at 159 minutes… sheesh. What’s even more baffling is that technically this isn’t even a double album. Which makes me wonder if that’s what he initially wanted but somehow there was some confusion. Cuz it definitely feels like this was supposed to be a double album. Besides that, there’s some tracks that go hard on this. We all know Games gimmick by now. The one thing I’ll say about his rap persona is that this album at times feels like a parody of himself. It’s understandable considering how long he’s been on the scene but at times I feel like I’ve heard some of these songs before. The “Black Slim Shady” track is some shit I would have been down with on a mixtape but not an official album. A lot of these tracks felt skippable. Take the best 10-12 tracks of this album & he’s got something solid.

Last edited:
Back