Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Twilight Zone

How was season 2?

What were the best eps?

I just watched the octopus ep and really liked it.... up until it hacked the scientists phone?????

:Scottie:

How was season 2?

What were the best eps?

I just watched the octopus ep and really liked it.... up until it hacked the scientists phone?????

:Scottie:

I liked the first season a bit better than season two. Still some solid episodes tho.

The standouts for me were

Episode 1 - Meet in the Middle
Episode 4 - Ovation
Episode 3 - The Who of You
Episode 9 - Try Try

They'll reboot it again in a few years
They really shouldn’t where is Tod’s family to stop this mess. They keep trashing his name with these revivals every few years tryin to bring it back. I really feel the strong appeal of the original was the time it was set in late 1950’s and early 1960’s those type of stories just don’t fit well into the more modern world in my opinion. All these other knockoff shows try to do it and it just doesn’t work for me.

I have to strongly disagree. They definitely do, the biggest problem is the writing and lack of stories that seek to push the status quo. CBS owns the rights to the franchise unfortunately so Rod Serling's family can't do anything about it. CBS will always make it safe af. Most of the stories from the reboots start off well but can't drive the plot home and deliver SMMFH.

Most of those older episodes are timeless and they're still influencing the sci-fi genre.
Well that’s horrible finding out that Rod’s family doesn’t have control over his creation. If you watch his interviews on the show you see how serious he took the series and how Rod saw it as a vehicle to drive discussions on huge issues of the time the very same issues that still plague us today. I also respect your opinion on my thoughts, but I have to say it’s the setting of the 1950’s and 60’s thats what grabbed interest many years later and to back up my statement they never play any of the other iterations it’s always the episodes from the 50’s and 60’s. It’s like the 1980’s and early 2000’s revivals don’t exist and they don’t play them for a reason.

Back