The SEVERE lack of representation of the non-religious Americans on the SCOTUS

Mister B.

The Devil’s Greatest Advocate…..
Aug 13, 2017
The thoroughest borough....BK (via Wilmington, DE)
This discussion has been LONG overdue in America. For nation that claims "religious freedom for all" and with an ever-growing population identifying as either Atheist or Agnostic (26%), here's a look at the current make-up off the Supreme Court and their religious affliation:

Relious beliefs of SCOTUS justices.png

6 out of 8 Catholics and Two Jewish folk, with Barrett scheduled to be Catholic #7 when the Trash Ol' Party bum rushes her in.

Tell me: when will there ever be a non-Christian/non-Jewish justice on the SCOTUS? Will it EVER happen?

Last edited:
  • Ether
Reactions: Chicity and Rubato
people just dont want to be told what they can do with their body and dont raise the taxes above 60%

other than that.....whats more important is fighting over kfc vs popeyes vs chick fil a

• Haha
Reactions: deadeye
people just dont want to be told what they can do with their body and dont raise the taxes above 60%

other than that.....whats more important is fighting over kfc vs popeyes vs chick fil a

*50%

Be damned if I don’t get to keep at least half my shit

• Haha
Reactions: Chicity and AZTG
This discussion has been LONG overdue in America. For nation that claims "religious freedom for all" and with an ever-growing population identifying as either Atheist or Agnostic (26%), here's a look at the current make-up off the Supreme Court and their religious affliation:

View attachment 385316

6 out of 8 Catholics and Two Jewish folk, with Barrett scheduled to be #7 when the Trash Ol' Party bum rushes her in.

Tell me: when will there ever be a non-Christian/non-Jewish justice on the SCOTUS? Will it EVER happen?

• Goat
Reactions: Marc123
real answer:

1603394243478.png

these numbers haven't changed much

other polls have confirmed Republican voters would literally take a Muslim president over an Atheist one lol

Ain’t none of them are really religious

All phonies

titles to appease voters

trump is a great example.. his claim is that he is a Christian but he has none of the fruits to show for it. It’s a title for looks.

I’m 100% certain we have had atheist/agnostic ppl in power, even in the presidency, but admitting to it wld have never gotten them there or admitting to it wld have them lose them their positions.

Reactions: deadeye and 100MBS

View attachment 385316

6 out of 8 Catholics and Two Jewish folk, with Barrett scheduled to be #7 when the Trash Ol' Party bum rushes her in.

Damn that’s a lot of Catholics no Baptists nowhere

It's actually not as much of an issue as it might initially seem.

Simply because most of them aren't really true to their religious beliefs............and some of them probably lied about being religious just to further their careers.

One of the principle requirements of the role is that you don't bring any of your own religious biases to the job, which theoretically isn't even possible, given what the job of a Supreme Court Justice actually is. I'd need to see some compelling evidence that this matters before I really care about it.