Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Scenario: Moving in with someone who owns their home.

That is because people started to wise up on the statistics of successful marriages. That and since women can work now, they have more choices and dont need to depend on others for money.
I think it's more about people being users and not respecting the game.
It's about what they can get out of it even if they don't love the person. They love the benefits.

All she has to do is scratch herself, then call the cops.

The cops will arrest the dude for Domestic Violence and he loses everything because it's her house.

I think it's more about people being users and not respecting the game.
It's about what they can get out of it even if they don't love the person. They love the benefits.
For a little few, it is about the benefits. But for a lot, it is just people looking back to their parents terrible marriage or maybe some in their family or friends. They may not want to go through what their parents went through. All it is, is a insurance on your stuff. That doesnt mean you dont love your partner. You get insurance on health, car, and other things because you cant predict what can happen. Same with love and there is no issue with that. You love your partner but you also cant predict the future so people want insurance in case the relationship goes bad.

For a little few, it is about the benefits. But for a lot, it is just people looking back to their parents terrible marriage or maybe some in their family or friends. They may not want to go through what their parents went through. All it is, is a insurance on your stuff. That doesnt mean you dont love your partner. You get insurance on health, car, and other things because you cant predict what can happen. Same with love and there is no issue with that. You love your partner but you also cant predict the future so people want insurance in case the relationship goes bad.
But that mind frame can be poisoning a person's outlook. You don't become an athlete ready to retire when you start.

OK maybe bad example but i think you get what I'm saying

But that mind frame can be poisoning a person's outlook. You don't become an athlete ready to retire when you start.

OK maybe bad example but i think you get what I'm saying
Naw, I dont think so. At least not for everyone. You should always have a back up plan for things you cant predict. If you become an athlete, you should have a plan for if you get injured and cant play anymore. If you start a business, you should have a plan for if it fails. If you fall in love and are thinking of marriage, think of what you will do if it failed. Do you have enough money to support yourself as you separate from your partner? People that dont think like this and ending separating from their partner usually are the ones that end up in the worst position.

It's crazy how times have changed.

Everyone either has to or wants to protect themselves very early.

There was a time when you trust people until they show you otherwise...It seems now people must prove they are good.
Better to be safe than sorry, & an old but very relevant cliche

neither is wrong

its important to some people to have input on that and I get it

I also get not wanting to uproot and fuck over your current mortgage

this decision pretty much comes down to what his financial situation is looking like

I'd move in with no fucks given. If shit goes wrong. Ok I'll pack my shit and move. No big deal IMO.

I'd be selfish as shit to ask that woman to move half-way through or better on a 20-30 year mortgage.

I don't move scared or with thoughts of shit going wrong. As a grown man if shit goes wrong it really shouldn't be a problem for you to have 1st months rent a security deposit saved up if you have to move.

It’s a high chance I won’t move. I also have NO issue adding dude to my mortgage and making the home ours. There are some situations where I would move but it would seriously have to be leading to marriage and all that other stuff because nah.

It’s a high chance I won’t move. I also have NO issue adding dude to my mortgage and making the home ours. There are some situations where I would move but it would seriously have to be leading to marriage and all that other stuff because nah.
I thought you were against marriage?

If it's a deal breaker between the two of them... Better to find out early than to build resentment over time.

But I wouldn't give a fuck. I'd just move in if I was really happy with shorty. See if it works out. If it does, great... If it doesn't... Keep it moving. But I wouldn't start a beef where there isn't one

Back