Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Scenario: Moving in with someone who owns their home.

Loquacious

🤎🖤
Site President
The Scenario: Jackie got a house in 1999. She's being paying on the house for a few years. Then , she met Todd and they ended up getting serious and the discussion about him moving in popped up. He didn't want to move in because he said it is her house and he rather they get something together that's THEIRS. Jackie, however, doesn't necessarily want to move and also doesn't have an issue with considering the house theirs as long as he puts in.

What are your thoughts?

The Scenario: Jackie got a house in 1999. She's being paying on the house for a few years. Then , she met Todd and they ended up getting serious and the discussion about him moving in popped up. He didn't want to move in because he said it is her house and he rather they get something together that's THEIRS. Jackie, however, doesn't necessarily want to move and also doesn't have an issue with considering the house theirs as long as he puts in.

What are your thoughts?
Todd is right. No man should ever move in with a woman. Either she moves in with the man or they get a place together.

She can keep the house. I dont what anything she earned before meeting me. If I moved in with her and owned my own house, I would rent my spot out if she wants to stay in hers. If we broke up, I got places I can go if my house currently has people in it. I could find a new temp spot easily, less than a week. That is why it is important for both partners to be able to support themselves and not depend on others for your money.

It's crazy how times have changed.

Everyone either has to or wants to protect themselves very early.

There was a time when you trust people until they show you otherwise...It seems now people must prove they are good.
That is because people started to wise up on the statistics of successful marriages. That and since women can work now, they have more choices and dont need to depend on others for money.

Back