Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY ..The Right side of History

Playmaker88

G Money is Cash
You may have heard a time or two.. You are definitely hearing this phrase more frequently in regards to the Bullfuckery of this current administration.. You often hear it in regards to the greatest sins of this planet... But its not limited to all the various crimes against humanity...

What do you feel about this phrase "Right side of History" and do you think it is an adequate phrase?

my guy lol

i didnt think you were gonna do it

BUT aight...i think just like with most things, there's usually 3 sides to the story

your version, my version, and the actual version as all of it is a matter of perspective.

When people say the "right side of history", take slavery for example. There are some who truly believe that black people were better off in slavery or that they should've never been freed. Obviously, that's a shitty take and the wrong one. People who actually were about trying to free slaves and ensure rights to slaves to me were on the right side of history.

This doesnt include the people who were saying slavery is bad but did the bare minimum so they wouldnt be lumped into the people we consider to be on the wrong side.

It's very revealing. Shows that people value the perceived good over the greater good. Also that many only stand behind their words/actions only when it's beneficial.

Like it's just a phrase.... But if you examine it.. It points you in the direction of who folk really are

The winners get to decide what the “right side” is
how so?

so do you think black people coming out of the civil rights movement decided that was the right side? Would you even consider them to be winners to make that decision?

I think it is a thoughtless bullshit phrase ...

because why should you wait for it to be history to be on the right side...

The worlds most evil people are on the "wrong side of history" but it doesnt matter because they did the evil ..

nothing you can do or say can change that NOW....

If you are taking half measures in the face of extremism then ..... pragmatism is purgatory

how so?

so do you think black people coming out of the civil rights movement decided that was the right side? Would you even consider them to be winners to make that decision?

Now it’s called the civil rights movement

Back then it was largely seen as disruptive revolt, by a group that was still ungrateful after being set free from slavery.

They don’t talk about that, because they got to write history in a way that makes it look like their ancestors just knew it was time to “do the right thing.”

Now it’s called the civil rights movement

Back then it was largely seen as disruptive revolt, by a group that was still ungrateful after being set free from slavery.

They don’t talk about that, because they got to write history in a way that makes it look like their ancestors just knew it was time to “do the right thing.”
Ahhh ok

I see what you're saying now

Back