Welcome To aBlackWeb

MoeW

1712655804310.jpeg

Rescued as a child by the legendary assassin Moody (Samuel L. Jackson) and trained in the family business, Anna (Maggie Q) is the world's most skilled contract killer. But when Moody - the man who was like a father to her and taught her everything she needs to know about trust and survival - is brutally killed, Anna vows revenge. As she becomes entangled with an enigmatic killer (Michael Keaton) whose attraction to her goes way beyond cat and mouse, their confrontation turns deadly and the loose ends of a life spent killing will weave themselves even tighter.

They still trying to put this chick on? Who she fucking?

So true. ha ha.

That fact that Michael Keaton and Samuel L are in it. I will give it a chance. Eventhough this looks like Colombiana part deuce....

Last edited:
Why is this thread stickied?

The machine really behind ol girl lmao.

THE PROTÉGÉ

BEAUTY. BLOOD. & REVENGE...the latter....well sort of

PRAISE: In this story about Anna the world's most skilled contract killer. However, when her second father/mentor Moody is brutally killed, she vows revenge for the man who taught her everything she knows. Theres a lot of fast fun to be had with this flick.
The entire cast looks like they are having a good time including : Michael Keaton,Maggie Q, andSamuel L. Jackson
Q does pretty good. Watching her fit body move around was like watching a ballerina.
Keaton has been conquering cold,calculating and cruel since 1990's Pacific Heights.
The story moves fast and there are some good kills.The movie provides a lot of bloody shocks and most of them really work to great effect.
There's some good one liners and banter.

PROBLEMS: The major problem is that one plot twist washes away most of the motivation of the plot.That was a real head scratcher. Some of the threads in the story were been there done that basic.
The outcome of one scene was funny but not very believable.
I asked myself... the set up for one particular scene isn't going to be this simple...right? But it was to a T !!

Scale of 1 to 10 a 7

Watching now....

Not bad 🤷🏿‍♂️

Definitely recycled plot, but I like these kind of films

This was essentially Keaton playing his Bruce Wayne again....

I think he's gonna kill that role again

Back