COMMUNITY The Kendrick Lamar Lounge

Other forms of music don’t promote what rap promotes in 90% of its songs.

Let’s not go down that road bruh
I agree and don’t like what most of it promotes, especially newer acts.

Rap is more than that though. A lot of the older acts aren’t talking about doing drugs and killing. Some rappers are political, some speak on social issues, some reference spirituality/religion, some are Christian, some talk about relationships, etc.

I listen to a lot of Christian rap now. Hip hop beats over rap just appeals to me.

Last edited:
It's literally in the name. Hip Hop is for young people. But no, motherfuckers wanna be grown as hell, acting like motherfuckers rapping about fucking hoes, selling kilos, buying birkin bags, selling pussy and etc to catchy ass beats and hooks is for adults that gotta go to work in the morning.

It's for kids. Just like gang banging is for kids. It's comic book level shit. It's not for a motherfucker that has a real ass life with responsibilities.

I don't think Black Americans understand, that majority of our media is for children and young adults because the America, since the conception of the country, viewed us as infantile and childlike. There is no media for Black adults, which is why we hang on to kid shit.

That's why we have sports shows that comes on when motherfuckers supposed to be at work or at school. And it's 3 hours of motherfuckers yelling about stats and selling gambling products.

Most of the media directed at Black America isn't for adult-aged serious motherfuckers.

Can we just like the fantasy of rap? I listen to project pay cuz I like the stories and I don’t have to live that shit.

Are action movies just for teens?

Is this not D most depressing shit ever?

It sounds like a Segway to a boring ass show that came on before bedtime when you were a kid

Can we just like the fantasy of rap? I listen to project pay cuz I like the stories and I don’t have to live that shit.

Are action movies just for teens?

But rappers don't call it a fantasy though.

It's their actual life.

Hip Hop artists claim authenticity, which is why Hip Hop is a powerful genre of music. The Hip Hop artist proclaims to be a truthsayer.

Lol, and after a while, fantasy drives reality.

The images and messages you consume, dictates your wants and desires and your wants and desires dictate the images and messages you consume.

But rappers don't call it a fantasy though.

It's their actual life.

Hip Hop artists claim authenticity, which is why Hip Hop is a powerful genre of music. The Hip Hop artist proclaims to be a truthsayer.

Lol, and after a while, fantasy drives reality.

The images and messages you consume, dictates your wants and desires and your wants and desires dictate the images and messages you consume.
Nobody thinks the top 3 rappers right now are out there selling drugs and killing people though.

There’s room for all.

And you’re contradictory. You say hip hop is a young man’s game (whose content you hate) then proceed to say older rappers (who have better content) need to leave it alone.

Nobody thinks the top 3 rappers right now are out there selling drugs and killing people though.

There’s room for all.

And you’re contradictory. You say hip hop is a young man’s game (whose content you hate) then proceed to say older rappers (who have better content) need to leave it alone.
The top 3 don’t talk about that stuff on any big level

I don't know what rumble is but if that's where they went I'm cool.
I can't remember who started it but it's one of those far right nuts

Ak is on rumble

He been a pawn