Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY The Official Yacht Rock/80's Pop/Rock Thread

Ayo this shit inspired me. Thank you @Scandalust313... one of these days when I'm sober I'm gonna make a punk rock thread. And not that green day blink 182 bullshit but the official 1970's punk rock that formed at the same time as reggae and hip hop.

Those of us that are older remember a time when we heard every form of music on the radio and that shit was to our benefit. It was like traveling to different places in a way. Like... I don't know your life but if I hear your music I can relate in some kinda way as long as what you're doing is honest expression. Now every thing your hear is a copy of a copy of a copy on some duciplicity shit.

But going back to the thread...

I need some hall and oates to be posted.

Ayo this shit inspired me. Thank you @Scandalust313... one of these days when I'm sober I'm gonna make a punk rock thread. And not that green day blink 182 bullshit but the official 1970's punk rock that formed at the same time as reggae and hip hop.

Those of us that are older remember a time when we heard every form of music on the radio and that shit was to our benefit. It was like traveling to different places in a way. Like... I don't know your life but if I hear your music I can relate in some kinda way as long as what you're doing is honest expression. Now every thing your hear is a copy of a copy of a copy on some duciplicity shit.

But going back to the thread...

I need some hall and oates to be posted.
Hold on my guy, ain't no reason for the green day slander

And if you coming for Blink, you coming for...nvrmnd super pause.

Just no reason for the slander is all

Hold on my guy, ain't no reason for the green day slander

And if you coming for Blink, you coming for...nvrmnd super pause.

Just no reason for the slander is all

I'm slandering all those clowns when it comes to official punk rock music. We got the clash, sex pistols, poison girls, anti-nowhere league, exploited, the damned, u.k. subs, stiff little fingers, sham 69, the slits, conflict, dead kennedys, death, x-ray spex and others.

Green day is and always was a pop group from the 90s dressing up like punks.

Fun fact... I helped build David Bowie's website when I was a young man and even met him once at a private concert he threw for members of his site (this was the early days of famous people embracing the web). He's also one of my favorite artists ever so the whole shit blew my mind. I knew his secret handle he used to use when he interacted with his fans on the custom IRC client I built for his site so I always knew when he was talking to people and they had no clue it was really him.

Aplogies if somebody posted this already but this song is near and dear to my heart. Me and my friends got pulled over one time and we were high as shit and had mad weed and other stuff in the car but whoever was driving was blasting this jam and the cop just let us off with a warning. It's the little things.

Back